Fire And Rain My opening song on OM4...Not!

When the AI, which is USB, is connected to the laptop I can go to the Zoom settings and select it as the audio input and output. This did work for me during the OM and recording with Quicktime on my Mac but it doesn’t any more. AFAIK nothing has changed in my method. Microphone and guitar through AI into laptop and selecting the AI in audio setting in Zoom.

Nicely done sir. I enjoyed that.

I am in the early stages of tinnitus but my left ear could not hear anything. Was this the recording or just my ear? Cos my ear has been ringing few hours now.

It’s the recording. I didn’t realise at the time that one channel was created.

John, do you have any means to test that the AI is still working properly.

For example does it have some kind of loopback, direct monitoring feature that you can plug headphones into the AI and hear the mic and guitar? And on a Windows PC I can go to my Audio Device settings and test the input and outputs.

Maybe also try uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.

But I have no knowledge and experience of how a Mac and its OS works, so can’t offer much in what to look at, what might have gone wrong such that what was working is no longer working.

Do you have GarageBand on your Mac? If so can you record audio from the AI in GarageBand?

Maybe you’ll need to take the Mac, AI, and the mic to your local Apple Store?

Sorry I can’t help more.

The laptop is 6 years old and now the that I’m having issues I don’t intend spending anything on it. I was going to replace the speakers that have failed but they aren’t available anymore. Just weighing up what to replace it with.