First time playing and singing (or close to it) from a Grade 2 guy

Rod here again, becoming a thing I fear. Full send, playing and singing! Never done it before. Holy moly I never appreciated how hard it was to play and sing. Forget doing either well, just keeping it going is crushing my head! If you listen through you are easily entertained so thanks for any that open it up…. Rod

32 Likes

First of all Rod. The whole video made me smile.
Your playing… was a pleassure to listen too. Too me your strumming was thight and pretty much in time as far as i could judge.
You topped it off with an awsome vocal. The whole thing sounded ace!!
Well done, keep em coming and keep on rockin🤘
Looking forward too your next.

One thing though… that beutiful headstock looks much nicer without the tuner attached :rofl: love that Zack Myer it looks killer!!

Well done :clap:

3 Likes

Thanks much for the kind words. I have neither memorized the words or chords so if I only played, it would be better. If I only sang that would be better. Try them both and man my brain was under stress! I keep that tuner on so I always remember to tune but I’m getting to where I can hear if its out. You are right though its all about the details! I am loving this guitar and these tools. I’m glad I got a smile from you, it could have easily been a frown :open_mouth:…Rod

1 Like

Rod, I think that was really good especially for a first time. I have been playing a couple of years and would have been really proud to have a performance that good.
Cheers

Phil

2 Likes

The singing and playing together will become easier over time. So good for you for starting early! Also did you go to the Masters?

1 Like

I think your assessment is true of everything with this journey. Every little addition feels like going backwards but you just keep doing it and whatever it was that was awkward or a struggle is “mysteriously” easier. No aspirations but I would have never thought that even this was possible.

Yes, attended The Masters a few times :)…Rod

1 Like

Nice. I went to the practice rounds one year. Such an awesome place!

1 Like

Good things going on for as long as you’ve been at it enjoyable listen and fun to watch.
Looks like you’ve got a great guitar, and I dig your studio. Thanks for posting this

1 Like

Nice one Rod, I enjoyed that. Singing and playing at the same time is hard, I know I struggle with it. Is that soundproofing all around your room? What a great idea. And like others have said, awesome looking guitar.

1 Like

Bravo Rod!

Great playing, great vocals and a great song. :clap: :clap:

Now you’ve done your first playing and singing, it now starts to get easier to do both.

1 Like

Hey Rod, that was awesome! Your singing and playing was excellent! I have a friend on our Caravan (Trailer?) park who sings this on her open mic gigs and you’re just as good if not better ‘cos she can’t play guitar!
Well done buddy, keep on doing as you are, it works!

1 Like

Well that was bloody well done Rod! For a few months in, to get up and play AND sing is an awesome achievement. Pretty good strumming too, which is crucial. Nothing wrong with your voice either mate - sounded pretty good to me.
Overall mate, very impressive, keep goin! :sunglasses:
Cheers, Shane.

1 Like

Great job Rod and sounded pretty good to me. How are you recording it? just in the room?

I thought you did an excellent job of it for your first recording! Quite the rush when you finish, isn’t it? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Excellent stuff Rob, I’ve not got myself in synch yet with even pretty simple strumming and singing so much kudos to you, congratulations!!

1 Like

Really good Rod. No need to worry about your playing or singing. You looked confident and that’s half the battle. I look forward to more in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, I have dabbled in voice over and that is the studio I created. The voice snobs would call it “sound treatment”. :grinning:
I used that space because the easiest way to record is just video from my phone, so i need all the sound help i can get!…Rod

Yes it is!…Rod

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Fabulous, Rod, prayers can be reserved for other who may actually need them, you clearly don’t :grin: You are doing great!

I was wondering about that recording booth with treatment.

Now all I’d suggest for next time out is turn the app down a little and your guitar up a little. Quite OK if you can hear the app to play along to and we can barely make it out.

1 Like

That was really nice great song choice as well, I see you as our next participant in Community’s Open Mic :blush: all the best Rod!

1 Like