Folsom Prison Blues/Pinball Wizard - Mashup Cover By LBro

Hello LBro! I’m not familiar with the original, but I really liked what you did, especially the vocals, also all the instruments in the mix were very good!

That sure was a fun listen LBro.
Thanks for that mashup. A very fun idea. I’m still smiling after a listen. :slight_smile:
Your production was very professional too. Very well mixed. Excellent playing on all instrument parts and singing.

Edit, Oh, and congrats on your thumb getting better. I can surely sympathize as I had a bike wreck many years ago. Smashed the joint where my thumb connects with my hand. Total loss of my R thumb for many months. Now, I’m at about 95% use too. Sure don’t know what your missing with opposing digits until you don’t have that opposing motion. Seems we both got lucky.

Happy New Year to you, LBro :partying_face::champagne::four_leaf_clover:!
That was a very enjoyable and funny to listen to production :+1::clap::smiley:.
If you hadn’t mentioned it, I would never have thought that your thumb isn’t working 100%. Everything’s sounding absolutely nice :smiling_face:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

Well that was interesting! A new concept to me. Pretty creative. I had to check out Puddles too. Too funny :sweat_smile:, but good. I also listened to his Stairway to Gilligan’s Island :rofl: Cool!

Hi Toby,
So glad to hear this was you cup of tea mate! Do check out Puddles version of this as his vocals are really top notch stuff!

I would say the thumb is now about 90% or better. I think I will challenge you to “reverse engineer” this into the Pinball Wizard chords based sequences foundation. I truly am not sure it can be done. In addition I am not that good of a singer/songwriter to where I could phrase it right over the top of whatever chords would be used. But you do have the challenge and I will be impressed if you can pull it off!
:wink:
Here’s to you and yours for a happy and healthy new year!
LB

1 Like

Hi Dman!
Yep, this is a good Mashup. When I saw it my guitar buddy @oldhead49 did not have to twist my are too far into getting me to try and cover it.

You hit on a good point. One does not apricate what they have until they lose it! I really missed playing guitar once I could not do so without lots of pain and lockups! But, thankfully that is a thing of the past and things are looking pretty good on this end!

Ok Dman, time you put together a good video of you playing so I can check it out!

Be well in 24’ and may all guitar playing lead to a higher level of play for you!
LB

Hi,
Glad you liked this one. I am still in the game, so there should be more down the pike!
LB

Hi Lbro…this is great to listen to! I’m happy to read your thumb recovery is going well. It’s always a pleasure to listen to your recordings, the one band man affair, as you call it, is something you do very well.

Hi LBro,
What a wonderful start to my musical morning, it made me very happy :smiley: :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,

Good morning and Happy New Year, Brother :sunglasses::

First of all, glad to hear your thumb is getting back into action :smiley:
Cool production. There’s something liberating about doing ‘covers of covers’, as it becomes pointless trying to ‘copy’ the source. Puddles Pity Party is very talented, especially when it comes to choice of covers.
He does a fab version of the beginner’s staple Mad World and one day I will learn how to play his version of Wish You Were Here on acoustic.
You were on a winner from the outset with a low-range boomy American drawl fitting the part perfectly. Solid playing, singing, and overall production.
Bravo!
My greedy side was hoping for a mid-song-transition to the Who tune with Folsom lyrics :laughing:
You play a mean Temple of Doom pinball game, Sir!

Hi David,
Verse 1 was a problem child as I had no vocal guide track to follow as I modified that verse to include more “Folsom” type lyrics. Not sure I will attempt that one again! :roll_eyes:

I think the vid catches the vibe of Pinball Wizard pretty well. I loved when the guy tried to play 4 balls at once! One ball shot right past him and was a goner!

We be rocking on as you say. The next project involves some that have never collaborated together. I have been wanting to cover that song for months and we finally have all the players assembled to try and pull it off.

Be well, if not, get well!
LB

1 Like

Hi CT,
I don’t like my steak “well done” sir. LOL - I guess your talking about this project… I wish I could take credit for “bringing the 2 songs together”. But other than verse one, I simply tried to cover what was out there. But I do thank you for the listen and kudos!

Take care and be well!
LB

1 Like

That was fantastic LBro!

But - you should have replaced “he’s got such a supple wrist” by “he’s got a surgically repaired thumb” :rofl:

Very slick production work.

That was great fun. Nicely played, sung and produced. Thanks for sharing, brightened up my lunch break. All the best for 2024.

+1, sir!

Uh, but that was 2 great songs in one mate! Which one? :laughing:

All the best,
LB

Hi Mike,
Actually there are 2 songs in one here. These were huge hits by the respective artists and I am surprised you never heard of them? Maybe my rendition was not that great… :astonished:

Thanks for the listen and kudos on it as well. This one taxed me a bit and I am glad the end result was pleasant on your ears!

All the best to you in 24’
LB

Hi HC!
Glad this mashed potato’s approach to Cash and the Who worked for you. Always good to hear it produced a smile on the listening end. So, thanks for sharing that! Mixing is something I really get into, so thanks on that as well.

From where I sit, your words on the digits ring very true. Until you can’t use some or one, you just can’t imagine what it is like. The best part is we both came back strong and are in good shape. Hopefully it translates into better guitar work on both ends!

All the best to you!
LB

Hi Nicole,
Likewise, have a great new year full of music! Thanks for the listen and your nice comments.

I saw the surgeon today and we agreed to wait till March for things to settle down. He thinks my thumb may improve further. Thanks for commenting on this one!

Be well and post often!
LB

1 Like

Hi Pam and thank you! Puddles is pretty good. It looks like he is a semi-pro as he puts on shows and or mini tours. I also caught him on America’s Got Talent. I will have to check out Stairway as I can’t imagine Gilligan could be put together with Stairway. Thanks for the heads up!

All the best to you this new year!
LB