For No One - Acoustic Cover

Well played and sung Mark. Some tricky chord shapes in that one. Well done.

1 Like

Hey Mark! This was great!! Revoler was the first LP I ever owned. A christmas present when I was 5!! I really loved the Beatles single “Got to get you Into my Life” and my parents bought me the record for Christmas. IT’s one of my all time favourite Beatles song!!

Well played and sung!! Kepp em coming!!!

1 Like

[quote=“Notter, post:1, topic:301641”]
Revolver
[/quote] Fantastic job my man! Couldn’t hit the stop button, had to keep listening.

1 Like

Hi Melvin, thanks so much for checking this out and for the awesome feedback, really appreciated!

And more importantly welcome to the Justin Guitar Community! Plenty of great stuff to listen to and get involved with here, I hope you stick around. If you do then it’s be terrific to drop a post to introduce yourself to everyone here and let us know a bit about yourself and where you’re at with your learning.

Thanks again man! :heart::guitar:

1 Like

Nicely played, Mark, and the Faith sounded great too.

All too often we over-cook the settings but this recording was “on the money” … well, through my headphones at least; a case of KISS … K.I. Subtle S … :wink:

Just a thought, as feedback is always difficult to impart: having listened a second time, I think you have much more vocal range within you looking to break-out. Maybe try sliding that capo up a notch (or two).

I had forgotten that I knew this great song, so thanks for sharing … :clap: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Real good Mark!

Yep, it is just one of them songs that hit the right emotions. It’s a great song.
I love that whole album, not a bad song on it. It may even be my favorite Beatle album actually. Granted, they’re all great. Pretty hard to pick just one.
Anyways, thanks for sharing.
Glad ya thought of that one to do.
But where’s the fluggel horn? :wink:
Just kidding.

My only suggestion would be to shorten your pauses between verses. What is baked into my memory has a shorter pause, though I could be wrong. I didn’t go listen to the Beatles, short of you, today…

Right On. Ya just can’t go wrong doing Beatle music.

After hearing you do that, I thought I’d go try my version out this morning, but didn’t find it in my 480 page book. It’s in there, I’ve played it, but my index is half missing and the 'f’s are part of what’s missing, so I gotta go look for page by page. That’s ok though, I found some other ones that I played today… :slight_smile:
I’ll find ‘For No One’ another day… :slight_smile:

Love your guitar too. That ones a real looker for sure. Better yet, it sounds real good too. Nice job recording.

1 Like

That was lovely Mark, the tone of your voice just went so well with the strumming!

This is no good :speak_no_evil: But you put remedy very sweetly! :blush:

1 Like

@Elixir1253 thanks for taking the time for the comments and feedback, you’re not the first to suggest one or two frets further up with the capo, I’ll give it a try, I certainly need a bit more confidence to take my vocals a little higher, there’s a bit of a fear factor as it’s pushing so much away from my speaking voice which is quite deep, interesting mental shenanigans going on there perhaps?

@HappyCat let me know when you find it Jim!!

@SILVIA such kind words as always Silvia :heart:

And to everyone else that’s taken the time, a big thanks! Love you guys :grin:

No pun intended, but I hear you … :wink:

During 20/21, I joined a local (fairly well-known) male-voice choir; only online at that time. The choir-master slotted me into the 1st Tenor group having heard me speak and sing (well, my interpretation of ‘sing’). According to him my apparent low speaking voice was more about me being quietly/softly spoken, in part, and not using my “head voice” to good effect to help me sing higher notes.

This is a large topic, far too extensive to cover in a thread reply. For members reading here there’s an interesting JG vid on singing ; a bit of a Q&A and Justin sharing his experience. Confidence to sing was also discussed.

1 Like

So enjoyable !

1 Like

Nicely done, and the recording was excellent!

1 Like

Hi, Mark. That was really well done. A very enjoyable listen. And I thought the subtle touch of reverb worked well.

1 Like

Thanks man! I’ll definitely jump on and post.

1 Like

Hey man I liked that . Really good job.

Thank you for sharing this Mark, most enjoyable, well sung and played. Great song from a great album, good choice. :grinning:

1 Like