Four 3 hour gigs in October done and dusted

Hi ya fellow Justineer’s
Well I have just completed my last of four 3 hour gigs doing Friday and Saturday happy hour at a local apple orchard. They make ciders, cook pizza and put on a great happy hour or 3 that’s for sure. I did some video of my last set at the final gig. The crowd were very loud but appreciated my music making (great tips :grin:).
So the sound is not fantastic but it gives you all an idea what it was like. I am finding every gig to be different. The night before the crowd just wanted to sing along and ask for requests. The final night was full but they were happy talking and talking and getting louder :woozy_face:. Anyway it was fun. Hope you all enjoy my efforts.
Achy Breaky Heart
California Dreaming
Sandman
Sundown
Cheers
Ron
[https://youtu.be/dw2UoyGRd7o?si=tCf4AN_Zk2h3PsFX]

13 Likes

Congratulations, that’s a stellar effort

2 Likes

Well done Ron huge acheivement. :+1:

1 Like

Congrats, Ron, well done on getting out and entertaining others with your playing! Very cool! Hope, I’ll ever get the confidence to play for others :joy:. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Good one Ron. Excellent experience. I assume you did not play the whole three hours? :sweat_smile: :star_struck:

1 Like

Thx Tony. It was an experience for sure.

Cheers Toby. Thanks for the kind feedback.

1 Like

Thank you so much Helen. And you will get the confidence I am sure. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Mal.
I played for 1 hour had a 10 minute break then played for 50 minutes had a 10 minute break then finished out the last 50 minutes.
My fingers were nearly bleeding :woozy_face:

Wow, that is hard work. Well done. How many songs did you repeat?

1 Like

On each evening I didn’t repeat any songs.
I played approximately 40 songs each gig.
Over the four gigs I repeated a number of songs but in total l played 90 individual songs. I had 134 songs in my list that I was happy to choose from. Obviously quite a few of them were not really appropriate for this type of venue.

2 Likes

Oh so impressive, Ron. I skimmed through your video and saw that you can hit the high notes and a time or two I heard vocal break or what I might call a quick yodel. I loved your song choices. To sum it up, great vocals, great performance, great show!

1 Like

I just had a look at your YT Channel. What a great compilation of your covers! I’m very impressed, an incredible variety of songs of your repertoire, so well played and sung! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

:astonished: no words, just :astonished:

1 Like

That’s great stuff, Ron! :clap:

Congrats on stepping up that stage and playing for all those peeps. Excellent! Sounds like hard work as well, 3 hours with short breaks only is tough. But glad you mastered it and entertained the folks around. :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Inspiring :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so much Pamela. I really appreciate your encouraging feedback.
That was my last set on the fourth gig and my voice was starting to wobble a bit by then :joy:

Thank you Andrea.
My YT channel is a work in progress.
I appreciate your subscribing. :smiley:

Thank you Ian. :smiley:

Thanks heaps Lisa.
It was tuff but rewarding.
I really appreciate your encouragement. :smiley:

1 Like