Four Strong Winds - Neil Young - sairfingers

Thanks for the old fashioned vibes Brian, always welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed the song.

Triads. I spent quite a while on them, learning the different positions up and down the neck. Problem is I then didn’t use them so I’d have to do a lot of revision if I needed triads for something. I was going to write out chord diagrams but didn’t get round to it.

Hopefully this song ignites a NY flame Darrell. Thanks for the listen and I’m pleased you enjoyed the performance.

1 Like

Sums it up nicely Mari. A wee love heart ‘like’ is good too! :smiley:

1 Like

That was really good stuff Gordon. I do love your guitar. It always makes me smile when you smile at the end of your songs.

3 Likes

Very nice Gordon. Really good to listen to and very well played. As a beginner i’m amazed at just how relaxed you strumming/picking looks. Thanks for the listen and for the inspiration it has provided :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:rofl: I think you’ve had one too many already James! But thanks for the listen and support.

@swashata @batwoman @SgtColon @Tim_Wilson
Thank you and I appreciate the support from you all so much.

2 Likes

The thing with NY of course David, is he’s got such a unique voice (like Dylan) so anything that one covers becomes ones own.
I just looked up ‘look out for my love’ as I didn’t know it. Lovely song and if you put your mind to it then I’m sure you could do it.
Thanks as always for your support.

1 Like

I am struggling to keep up! That’s my excuse for not having listened to this before now. :smiley:
Nicely done, Gordon. Your relaxed playing is an inspiration.

1 Like

Excellent Gordon. Not a song I’m particularly familiar with so I’m not trying to do any comparison. Thought the fretboard work, embellishments etc. were spot on. Liked the use of the Trio+ to give that proper band feel as well. Good to see you are getting some use out of it.

1 Like

Gordon I enjoyed all of this. I loved your embellishments. Inspirational for me to work on that too.

Re: Clint’s & Gordon’s conversation about constructive critique. Here’s my two cents: I love & hope for the compliments. I learn from the critiques.

@stitch you had some great advice to me when I was looking for a new guitar. That will be lost since it’s on the old forum, but I took notes for future reference.

All that being said, I think Mari’s quote sums up my thoughts too.

Mari
AVOYP stuff is mostly just for fun, so kudos or constructive criticism, either (or nothing!) is fine by me : :smiley:

1 Like

That was good work Gordon. I don’t think I have much to comment on other than to well done. Felt like you were perfectly locked in with the beat there.

1 Like

@ChasetheDream @Rossco01 @pkboo3 @pikeamus
Thank you all so much for the listen and supportive comments.

Jason. I’ve had a few varied opinions on the Trio+. Some for, some against. I suppose in many ways it does always sound a bit artificial although you’ve posted a few songs using it that were great and I think you still use it. Perhaps less now as I seem to remember you’ve got a real drummer in your band.

Pam. Yes critique is difficult and perhaps few of us are/feel qualified to make it. However I do think that if timing is off or chords aren’t great etc we are all in a position to point things like that out in a supportive and encouraging way.
We all want to learn on this site and post things in the hope of getting advice that will help us improve. If we were brilliant, perfect players we wouldn’t be here. We’d be on some other site displaying our talents.
Having said that, there are some pretty terrific players who post here on AVoYP.

1 Like