Futile Pursuit

Hi everyone,

I just finished recording my first fingerstyle original.
Hope you like it.
Any remarks or suggestions, feel free to comment.

Hope you enjoy it.

15 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Serhat

Great technique.
Love the tone, and very well executed!

1 Like

Wow, that was superb, Sebastian :star_struck:. Such accurate playing :+1:. Congratulations on your first fingerstyle original. Really sounding beautiful :clap::smiley:.

2 Likes

Thanks Rene :blush:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the nice words Nicole, glad you like it.

1 Like

Really good Sebastian, you’ve got a lot of skill. Must be one of the best fingerstyle guitarists around here! Was a nice listen.

1 Like

Beautiful Sebastian! That was a treat for my ears!

1 Like

Hi Sebastian! Thank you for sharing your awesome playing :sparkling_heart: Would take a few more listen to it during my break time.

Would you mind to share some insights on how you did the arrangement? I am eager to know the way you would learn and master songs =)

There are many guitar players recording themselves om YouTube rn so any ideas to stand out from the crowd? :thinking:

Thank you!

1 Like

That was super cool, Sebastian! Great playing, tone and production :clap: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone for the nice words and to take the time to listen.

1 Like

Hi Vincent,
I’m glad you like it.

Regarding the arrangement. I started out from a chord progression (Am7 - G - F#° - Em7) and tried out some picking patterns. After that I searched for variations on where on the neck and how I could play the progression.

I also tried out different ways to include open strings. You can let these ring out, which adds some layers to your song in my opinion.

When it comes to learning and mastering a song, it all comes to time and repetition. I’ve already learned quite some songs before and it has taken me a lot of hours.

I would recommend to start of with a couple of easier ones. A lot of fingerstyle songs or in C, so when learning new songs, you will come across things you’ve already covered in a previous one.

Recording yourself also helps. When I’ve learned a song, played it for a while, I’ll always recorded. It makes you become aware of tone. And it will help you to remember the song.
Once I recorded a song, I can put it aside for a while, come back to it and still be able to play it. If I didn’t record it, I will most likely have forgotten it.

Hope this helps a bit.
If you have questions, let me know.
Take care

2 Likes

That’s a super fine piece of work Sebastian, definite thumbs up from me!!

1 Like

Thanks Mark

Hi Sebastian,

thanks a lot for sharing this pearl - it was a true pleasure to listen to. Also, thanks for the insight you gave on how this piece evolved from a chord progression to the final arrangement. I liked this harmonic trick you did (don’t get the term at the moment) by touching the strings only very lightly to get the octave ringing out. Hope you get what I mean. :sweat_smile:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Hi Lisa,

Thanks, I’m glad you like it.
Yes I know what you mean :grin:, the natural harmonics.
They’re actually not that difficult. You can get them ringing out easily at the 5th, 7th and 12th fret, and it will always makes you come across like a pro. :joy:

Take care

1 Like

What an absolutly amazing piece!!! Put it on speakers and listened to it a couple of times this morning with my cup of coffee. What a treat to the ears. Thanks for sharing Sebastian! And do share more!!

1 Like

Simply stunning work there Sebastian and so beguiling to watch. Bravo!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Trond, glad I could be part of your morning coffee :grin::ok_hand:
I will share more, working on some things now.