GDPiper169 - March 2022 - I'll Follow You Into The Dark + Who'll Stop The Rain + Mash-up of 4 developer songs

This is one of the songs I often use for warm up. It contains my personal nemesis, the Bm chord.

8 Likes

I think you’ve well and truly stared your Bm nemesis down Gregory. The flowing, rhythmic movement of your strumming arm as well as your clean fretting serves to help you get gorgeous tones from your guitar. You look and sound comfortable and that’s a nice thing for the viewer.

Bravo, Gregory, that was well done. Smooth, steady, relaxed through out, and the Bm looked good. Well done.

I think Batwoman said it all there Gregory. That was wonderful playing.

Bm, pah! You da boss.

Hi Gregory, just to echo what has been said - you have a very smooth strumming arm, relaxed and in the groove. The changes match it and all rolled along really well. Bravo.
:slight_smile:

Steady strumming and clean chords. I agree, Bm can be an awkward one and you aced it, well done Gregory.
Maybe a vocal or a backing track next time?

I like that Gregory, nice and smooth and flowing. Very nice with the Bm, I have it in a couple of songs I’m working on now and finding it very awkward! I’d say you’re bossing it based on that. Great work :+1:

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. It really helps build confidence.

Great work @GDPiper169, thanks for the share. Definitely some pretty playing there.

Good job, nice strumming and chords.

Hi Gregory,
You can look for a new nemesis…you radiate tranquility …keep it up :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Well done sir, one of my campfire songs too but I have to use the 4 finger cheater Bm.

Hi Gregory, I agree with everyone. Nicely done.

These are four of the songs I have in my developer category. I hope to be able to play these well all of the way through within the next 9 months or so. I’m not sure about Jolene though. That riff is tough, even at +/- 75% speed. We’ll see!

I meant to list the songs: Slow Cheetah / Red Hot Chili Peppers, Landslide / Fleetwood Mac, Tears In Heaven / Eric Clapton and Joline / Dolly Parton

4 Likes

Bravo, Gregory, you are well down the path and making excellent progress on the songs. I can imagine much effort went into getting all these learned to this level. Keep on going and I am sure you will achieve your goal, sooner or later, they’ll all be in your campfire repertoire.

Sounded good Gregory and some lovely picking there. Might be good to list the songs you’ve got in your montage (either in the YT video or here) for those that don’t know them.

Brilliant playing Gregory, so super fingerstyle going on there.

I knew 3 of the 4 songs you were doing, it’s was just the first one I couldn’t get, so bravo!

Hi Gregory,
Sounded great to my ears and well done! Your finger play looked awesome as well. Keep up the good work as to me, you are well on your way!

LB

Sounded great, nice fingerstyle.

Well done Gregory. Some lovely fingerstyle there. :+1: