Gift from the Three Wise Men to you

Hi folks! Today, January 6th, is a very special day here in Spain as the Three Wise Men came last night bringing nice presents to all the well behavied children and adults. On the other hand, those who have been evil during the last year received coal. A dirty, non even eatable coal stone muuuuaaaaahahahahaha!

As you’ve been very kind so far, the Three Kings wanted to make their little contribution for those who, unlike me, can sing and hence they brought the “Questioningly” track that I had recorded but this time it is instrumental and comes in a video with the lyrics so that you can sing along:

PD: If someone loves to sing and would like to record themselves, feel free to ask me for the audio track and I’ll upload it to Drive or something.

Enjoy your Three Wise Men’s day. Cheers!

3 Likes

Wish you well on your special day in Spain, Jose.

Enjoyed the track you produced, cool guitar tones and solo.

1 Like

Very smooth and very cool tune. Happy New Year and Slainté Mhath from Scotland.

1 Like

Thank you very much my friend. Alba gu bràth!

Thank you my friend, however your reply ‘Alba gu bràth’ is now being hijacked in Scotland by nationalists as being anti UK.
I do however really appreciate your reply, where are you on the world?

1 Like

Oh, I’m so sorry! Silly me :sweat_smile: I thought it was still kind of an expression of endearment towards Scotland but I guess that politics can distort anything. Sorry again, I will change that expression and just say best wishes for you and Scotland, your homeland.

Me, I’m from Asturias (northwestern Spain). It’s another region where bagpipes are part of its cultural heritage.

If you think of it, most foreign people believe that Spain is all about sun and beaches, a super hot and dry place. However, I was lucky enough to visit Scotland some 20/22 years ago and I found some landscapes to be more similar to Asturias than those you usually find in southern Spain.

So we can be glad that, regardless of our location, we share many things in common and we should focus on them instead of our insignificant differences, shouldn’t we?

1 Like

Hola José! :smiley:
I’ve been aware of some of your posts popping up recently, but didn’t get around to to checking any of them out till today.
It’s an epiphany! :laughing:
You have a quirky taste in music as well as a good sense of humour (or you’re just mad like your avatar suggests :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
On top of it all, you can play!.
¡Olé!
I might take you up on your vocal challenge when I find the time. It might be fun. Thank you for the translation. I wouldn’t like to have to learn another song in Spanish. This was enough :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks for checking out my stuff mate, it’s cool that you find my attitude positive and don’t focus your assessment on my madness :sweat_smile:

It’d be cool if you sang the song, we need to take advantage of this place to interact as much as possible. But at least, I’m glad if you enjoyed the tune at the comfort of your home :ok_hand:

Stay safe, cheers!

Hola Jose,
Thank you for your ‘gift’ the other day.
I decided to take you up on your offer to sing (and play) along and am glad I did :smiley:

My first problem was I needed a melody and, not knowing the song, I would have to make one up. Not my forte! To make that easier, I needed to know the chord progression, which I usually look up on ultimate guitar. Again- impossible here :roll_eyes:
So, this is the first song I deciphered completely by myself. Gracias!
The lyrics you provided gave a clear indication of the subject matter, but I struggled with the rhyme and flow, so took the liberty of changing them to suit me better.
One last thing I learned with this was how to record your backing track with my webcam and external mic into OBS. Altogether a very useful exercise.

Now that’s all done and dusted, are you going to put me out of my misery and provide me with the original? I am curious as to how the melody was supposed to go! :rofl:
Also, is it terrible of me to say that I’m not particularly fond of the song? (Well, my version of it anyway :laughing:)

Hesitant, her eyes questioned me, and she spoke-
aren’t you someone I used to know
and weren’t we lovers a long time ago?

My insides froze I Looked her up and down
Yes, I said, you’re a girl I may once have known

I thought the scar had healed
but it’s just a scab that bleeds
Why did you have to pry?
The memory it still makes me cry

In the morning light, down on the factory floor
The boss man smiles, says I’m doing fine
but I’m just passing time

At night I lock my cell
I pour myself a friend
I scroll my screen to the bitter end and
chase away the tears (and fears)
Wondering…

(Followed by first 3 verses in reverse order)

2 Likes

The song is by The Ramones, mate :sweat_smile: This evening I’ll check out your performance, let’s see what surprises it brings up :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:see_no_evil: :joy: :clap: ,…Good one

Nice project Brian,… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :clap:

Thanks José For this event :smile:,… :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

I still can’t believe it… I was sure the lyrics were straight out of Google-translate. Even the grammar is wrong :roll_eyes:
Maybe alarm bells should have gone off when I was typing:

Ramones famous line: second verse, same as the first

2 Likes

Now, I couldn’t wait (gonna get fired one of these days :sweat_smile:).

This adaptation you made is GREAT! The sort of thing I didn’t expect, it made me laugh like a madman :rofl:

The lyrics all over the place but you still got the chords by ear and managed to give the vocals a melody. Brilliant :star::star::star::star::star:

An example on how to push the artistic boundaries, I’m glad this came out from my sloppy karaoke. In the future I’ll upload some other cheese song to see if we can fix them :smile::v:

1 Like

Yeah, the grammar is wrong, they say “may have knew” instead of “may have known” :rofl: When I made the video I HESITATED, but I decided to keep it as they wrote it: Ramones style :sunglasses: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I knew this was a good idea :ok_hand::notes::tada:

1 Like

An example how we are inspired by and learn from others in the community.
It’s all about interaction, cause and effect… and FUN! :laughing:
Not the first time I’ve taken part in an unexpected collaboration.
On the old forum @Richard_close2u and I ended up with an unexpected ‘collaboration’ with a chap Roman. It’s a bit twisted and even has a smidgen of Spanish, so you might enjoy a quick trip to the circus :clown_face:
(Hey Richard, aren’t I a good boy clogging up Jose’s thread instead of the AVOYP? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

2 Likes

Oh yes.
I recently migrated the topic that inspired Circus initially… it is time to bring the full collab story over too methinks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes