Girl From The North Country - Johnny Cash & Bob Dylan Cover Song by Adi & LBro

How did I miss this thread? :smiley: That was amazing. Huge kudos.

Not only it’s sweet to listen to, but I will use it as a track to practice adding guitar fills here and there. Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,
Glad you found this and you liked it…

If you would like a custom mix that drops something like our fills guitar, let me know and I will try to post something here for better play along.

All the best!
LB

Ha,
Brian wakes to the wonder of LB in a duet… He is on a roll now! JK (But of what to make of this?)

All kidding aside, I am glad this one struck your fancy and was held in high regards by you. You never know what is next from Bro & Company. Stay tuned!
LB

1 Like

Wow, really good guys. Some top quality stuff right here :fire:

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for taking this one in. Good to know it fit the bill for you and is on the to do list on your end!

All the best and be well,
LB

Hi JWC,
Well, at this point I think we are even. As I had not heard the Dylan version until I heard your version of it. Yours struck me as pretty fast and very good. At this point I think the song is well covered!

All the best and take good care,
LB

Never twigged that LB is the satanic spelling of BL :rofl:
Wanna buy a soul? :wink:

@LBro If you don’t mind that would be great. :slight_smile: For example, to have space for a solo between 2:25 and 2:41. I wouldn’t change a thing in your version, but just to have fun and more space to jam with your recording. And it’s so relaxing to play along to this track.

But I have to say it’s also great and hard practice to add fills while keeping your vocals number one priority in the track. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@kamkor
Hi Kamil,

Ok, per your request. Here are the backing tracks:
GFTNC - 17-No Solo.mp3 - As you requested, no solo.
GFTNC - 17-No Lead Throughout.mp3 - No lead guitar for entire song.

Ok - Now my request. YES, strings attached :slight_smile:
If possible and if you are comfortable. Do post in this thread a recording of your work using these as a backing track!

All the best and have fun!
LB

2 Likes

Hey I would be really keen to hear it too! And thanks again for appreciation glad you are enjoying it! :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Jason,
I agree 100%, the 2 versions of the song are radically different from one another. I am not sure which musically is best. But I think it iconic that both Dylan and Cash teamed up for 1 number only and it was this song. Too bad they did not do more together. But at least we have this from them.

Take care,
LB

@LBro @adi_mrok Thanks a lot for the backing tracks. :slight_smile: I will post at least a short bit after I’m happy enough with what I play. :smiley:

@LBro @adi_mrok I was practicing playing triads to it today and recorded it using a computer microphone. Unfortunately, it sounds very bassy on the recording. :frowning: But just so you know that I’m indeed using your backing track for practice, here it is. A little solo plus triads practice Triad Practice - YouTube

I will practice recording directly through the guitar interface and see if I can mix it with the track to sound nice together.

1 Like

Hi,
Had a listen and the sound quality was better than you led one to think. So good news there, at least to my ears. Nice play on it. It would be good to hear it mixed up proper. Once you are happy with your track, and if willing. You could PM/email me the track possibly and I could mix it into a full mix. Just for grins mind you. I would think the quality there would be fairly good…

All the best and keep at it!
LB

1 Like

That was brilliant Kamil loved the vibrato on a full bend :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ha,
Not sure I fully understand this one Brian… Are you saying your soul is for sale?
:slight_smile:
All the best,
LB

Love the original and love this one!

I especially like how you guys captured the vibe of the song here, good job!

I sometimes thought of doing it myself, doing both voices in some kind of split personality production :smiley:

1 Like

A bit late to the party, but the enjoyment of listening to your cover is just as real. I think you really captured the tension of the Dylan-Cash Collab. Really well done.
Having recently visited Maui, I enjoyed the video. The re-purposed mill is a great back drop.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the spin and comments! It is good to know you liked what hit your ears on this one.

We might team up again, but I don’t know many other male duet songs… Do you? Any suggestions?

All the best and be well,
LB

Hey JK,
Glad this was kind to your ears! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

All the best,
LB

1 Like