Girl From The North Country - Johnny Cash & Bob Dylan Cover Song by Adi & LBro

You are too kind CT. I think you turned me down on my last shoulder tap??? :slight_smile: JK, as I really don’t recall. At any rate, glad this one was good on your ears and brought back memories!
LB

1 Like

Fabulous, you both did a fantastic job of that well done!

Great job ! Bravo !

Haha! Yeah, my time is not my own anymore, hard to keep commitments outside of work obligations, family, etc, and when I do get free time I usually just do my thing. Recent foot troubles have me a lot less active in general.

We collab’d and it has stood the test of time, hard to make lighting strike twice. I will always appreciate the opportunity. :slight_smile:

Hey Sarge!
Thanks for the listen and nice comments! Glad it went well to your ears! All the best mate!
LB

Thanks for stopping in for a listen! I think we both were inspired by the fact these artists did this song. Easy to then do it and we had fun doing so…

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Hi David,
Yeah, there is a bit to the story on the panning. I tried panning out the vox tracks from each other and it sounded ok until the vocal changed from one singer to another. At that point the panning caused a “ping-pong” type effect. So out it went.

All the best mate,
LB

1 Like

Hi Digger,
Thanks for the nice comments and words. Let Mrs D know she can drag me to Dynal any time she wants! The vox for me was very hard as I could not pick Cash out very well in the duet parts…

Keep well,
LB

Hey Kasper,
Glad this song is you cup of tea and that we did it some justice! Thanks for the kind comments and take good care!
LB

Okay guys, I’m playing catch up and didn’t read all the comments, so apologies if I’m just repeating :wink:
I listened to most of this when it dropped, but was busy so didn’t comment.
I just had another listen now with headphones and it LOVE it.
Brother’s intro refers to Ade on vox, but I was blown away to here how it changed in quality and texture when he ‘went low’ in the second verse :rofl: It took me a while to realise Brother was duetting :roll_eyes:
Song choice, guitar playing, instrumentation and mix impeccable.
Solid decision to put it to a video with one theme and without people.
Take a bow guys :sunglasses:
You reminded me how fun, rewarding (and headachy) collaborations can be.
I found something I put on ice a while ago and have been pestering the ‘usual suspects’ for contributions over the weekend. We’ll see if it cooks up…
Thanks again :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Silvia,
Glad you could take this in and thanks for the comments! All the best to you!
LB

1 Like

I know this song well you both did it justice. It is also on my to do list

1 Like

Sweet!

I’m familiar with Dylan’s version on The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan (I’ve done a cover of that version), but I hadn’t heard the Cash & Dylan version, so your cover was my introduction to that arrangement.

Well done; I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Hi Jason, many thanks for your kind words! We actually revisited your version too and I personally found it outstanding, really liked the picking pattern and how the same song sounded completely different. I am aware that Dylan made this song solo first and that is the version you based your cover on, but didn’t stop me from enjoying and admiring your work too :slight_smile: All the best!

1 Like

I, too, thought it was interesting how different the solo version and the Cash & Dylan version sound. Same song, but different vibe. Music (and covers) are pretty cool that way! In any case, I really enjoyed what the two of you did on this cover. (And thanks for the compliment on my cover, too.)

1 Like

Hi Pam,
Thanks so much for the listen and nice comments. The vox took some doing as they sang a wide range of pitches, both high and low… I think it came out pretty good, all things considered.

Be well and take care,
LB

Nice collab guys, full of emotion in guitars and vox, hopefully this isn’t the last time you guys team up!

Hi,
Thanks for your listen and kind words mate!

All the best and take good care!
LB

1 Like

Thanks and take good care on your end!
LB

I think it might be good to be busy on your end. Not liking the sound of “foot troubles”. I have seen my share of those and they are no fun!

Take care of number one on your end!
LB