Good songs in other languages?

This is a song I always wanted to be able to play and sing. Some day, I will reach this goal :smiling_face:. So beautiful, and so full of positive vibes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

6 Likes

Iā€™m learning Italian.

This one will be in my setlist someday :smiley:

5 Likes

You might like this Lieven. Eros Ramazotti also does a version of ā€œmusica eā€™ ā€œwith Pavarotti which is long but beautiful.

3 Likes

On holidays in the Greek Islands I came across Rebetika (or Rebetiko, or Rembetika) which is sometimes described as ā€œGreek Bluesā€

I have a couple of CDs by a band called The Rembetika Hipsters, who sing in Greek, but are actually Canadian! They have an amazing version of ā€œWicked Gameā€ on YT, but I wonā€™t post it here, as itā€™s in English. Instead hereā€™s one of their album tracks

4 Likes

Yeah it still is a classic here in Belgium but itā€™s extra challenging to memorize as the song keeps modulating :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lots of non English material out there, this thread has been running for a while.

1 Like

Darrell, I just love it when you post The Warning performances. I think I love this band almost as much as you!

2 Likes

I used to tutor children whose naitive language is Mandarin. As a going away present for them, I recorded this song. It was my first year of guitar learning, so I only played chords. Iā€™m pretty sure it was terrible, but it was a labor of love. Anyway, I love this beautiful song. I still know the Mandarin lyrics. One day Iā€™ll get around to learning to play and sing the whole song properly. I canā€™t find a guitar version with lyrics to post, but the tab and tutorials are easily found online. The English title is: The Moon Represents My Heart
https://youtu.be/XJsEZ18Wc2k?si=A3SijzxNBzOtwBj5

2 Likes

Aaahā€¦ that one :slightly_smiling_face: There is a Finnish Schlager version of this song thatā€™s something like a national treasure. Almost everybody knows it.

But the best Finnish version is probably this oneā€¦

1 Like

Yesā€¦ I know and I have been busy posting there. But thenā€¦ Thatā€™s limited to one language as well :nerd_face:

This one doesnt fit there for exampleā€¦

2 Likes

Really beautiful ā€¦ and what a wonderful gift to the children :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very entertaining :smiley:

1 Like

Oh Iā€™d have to put a plug in for Brazilian music here then.

Paula Fernandes - Eu Sem Voce
Kid Abelha - Lagrimas e Chuva
Alceu Valenca - La Belle de Jour

1 Like

True. Seems they put each and every clichƩe about Finnish men into that video. :grinning:

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: I listened to them allā€¦ Never heard of any of them ā€¦ But what can I say: Alceu ValenƧa, wow, that man can sing :slightly_smiling_face:

Lieven Iā€™m playing this one these days on the uke! I promised my old daddy I would bring my uke next time Iā€™ll visit himā€¦so Iā€™m learning it for him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sure you donā€™t need tutorials but you can find it useful to check this one for guitar:

And the next one for fun with the uke :grin:

Maybe a AVideo of me playing it soon :grin:

1 Like

I love this traditional Irish song covered here by Celtic Thunder. It starts out in Irish (or Celtic?), then switches to English. Itā€™s a fun, lullaby-like song that Iā€™m learning to play fingerstyle to share with my two grandsons.

1 Like

Ohi ohiā€¦why are are they so angry? :joy: It was a bit weird as the italian song is pretty much about lightness, with just a subtle criticism feeling too of those yearsā€™ italian lifestyle, (well at least I read it, might be arguable)

1 Like

Croatian punk band (Hladno pivo - Cold beer) cover of a cover of ā€œForever youngā€, sung in German. The frontman of the band is university educated professor of both German and English languages. :smiley:

2 Likes

I love old japanese songs and this one is one of my very favourite
I wish I could play it one day
So much emotions in that song

2 Likes