Goodbye, cruel world…

Happy UPD !!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Excellent!

Same here. The cars I bought when I was young were 5th/6th hand. :joy:

1 Like

Brian

Early days, as I am sure you will be experimenting with the Factory pre-sets, assuming the previous owner has not amended them or has added some user pre-sets. But I came across and interesting source today and immediately thought if you. Some good easily digestible tutorials.
JoshGordonGuitar

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Wabbit Season!
(yeah, look at my avatar… Don’t go there!)
rabbit_season

See you in a month or so, Brian.

1 Like

Hehe, you probably know all too well that the initial couple of hours is spent pressing all the buttons just to see what’s on there, and then start fiddling around how/what can be manipulated.
Thanks for the link. I will definitely check it out.
I’m painfully aware that I have just done something analogous with buying a high spec pc with the latest Office and graphics suite, only to use it for emails, word processing and surfing the internet :roll_eyes: :rofl:
If I even make use 5% of its capabilities, I’ll be doing well…

@sequences Haha, I stumbled across that one when sourcing the Fudd :laughing:
Looney Tunes is one of my first TV memories :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@brianlarsen what is your new bit of kit going to allow you to do Brian?

1 Like

Now why would you want to ask stupid questions that will only highlight my ignorance?!? :thinking: :roll_eyes:
It has buttons that light up colourfully and flash, a display that my new cataract lenses can read and a pedal that looks like an accelerator… :rofl:

My understanding is that the ‘quest for tone’ (apart from the fingers) used to lie in the hardware of guitar/pickup/amp & pedals (distortion, reverb, delay, comp being popular). Then along came computer interfaces, modelling amps and modelling pedals. This is one of those. Essentially you can choose from plethora of different amps, fx pedals, equalisers etc and save whatever sounds you like in the one portable box rather than have a giant pedalboard which is unwieldly and expensive.

If it doesn’t make me sound like Hendrix, it’s going back.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Sorry Brian.

Ah, okay, thanks. I get it now. Thanks for explaining it. That is going to be a real rabbit hole then. I expect even greater things from you now Mr L. :wink:

Make sure you play your guitar with your teeth, just be careful they don’t fall out.

Have fun.

1 Like

I had the same question as @SgtColon Stefan, so I did a very little research this morning.

That sounds like guitar players heaven. Too good to be true :partying_face:.
Sorry for a dumb question (sorry boys, almost zero knowledge about this :see_no_evil:). You run that thing like guitar plugged in the box → AI → Computer → Speaker? Does it have functions compared to the trio+ as creating drum tracks or is it more a amp/effect thing?

1 Like

Nooooo Andrea, go away from here, go back to the light…play clean and mean :see_no_evil:

Ps : thanks for Max Raabe and Namika :sunglasses:

Greetings…

2 Likes

Gtr pod ai pc
No drums or bass like a trio but has aux input so you could play a bt via that. Not tried tbiugh.

Sorry out in sun and gardly see screen

2 Likes

Live it would plug into mixer before pa system

1 Like

YARN | Listen to me. Do not go into the light. | Poltergeist (1982) | Video clips by quotes | c828c40f | 紗

Essentially you just plug your guitar into it and you can choose whatever you want it to sound like. You can run it into your computer like Toby says, or otherwise just plug it into headphones, an amp or set of speakers. I think there’s a looper built in, but haven’t really looked yet.

1 Like

It’s a multifx system.

Devices like this have been available from Boss, Line 6, Zoom and others for a couple of decades or so.

I used to have a Boss GT-3 which was launched in 1998.

The Pod Go just happens to be one of the newer models.

And they are a heck of a lot of fun.

Many (most these days) have loopers. Some (like the Zoom models) have drum machines too.

None currently do what the Trio+ does. The the Trio+ doesn’t do what these do. They’re different beasts entirely, but work together well.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

@roger_holland Don’t worry. I’m an outdoor girl. Nature is my rabbit hole :evergreen_tree: :butterfly:

@brianlarsen

Ok. That sounds…tempting. If that is a way to avoid all the other pedals, amps and stuff…curious about your experiences!

2 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner

Thanks Toby! Currently running guitar and BT through the Amp, output via stereo amp speakers, works well for my actual abilities, but keep my eyes at the tech talk to learn more about that.

@Majik Thanks Keith, or should I say Majikipedia? Always beeing there with good advice!

2 Likes

Oh tell me more Keith, I have both and use the PG all the time but no idea how to tie the Trio+ into the chain. Do share your methods when you have time :+1:

For any multifx unit, you can simply place it before the Trio+ (or any other looper). So the chain would be:

Guitar – multifx – Trio+ – amp

Assuming you are using a traditional amp, of course.

If you want to use headphones into the multifx, things are more complicated.

Some multifx units have a send/return loop. I believe the Pod Go is one of them. With these you could use the “4 cable method” to put the Pod in the FX loop.

I’ve previously posted about how to use the Trio+ with an amp with multifx built in, like the Katana 100. The following pic is for the Katana, but you could substitute the Pod Go for the Katana and it should work similarly.

This should then work for either headphones or into an amp (being fed from the Pod Go output).

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Oh I like that Keith, might need some extra leads first. So at the moment I have guitar to wireless pod go, then to Scarlett 212 and onto monitors. My trip is on the pedal board you recommended and also has boss wireless WL 50 I think.

So I could go guitar to wl50 / Trio, trio main output to pod go input rather than wireless input and leave my pod go main output to 2i2, and have an option to take pod go amp output to my Katana air.

In addition I could take the trio FX loop and connect it to the pod go fx loop. This would mean I could play with or without the FX loop by turning FX on and off at the pod go, is that correct ?

This would

1 Like