Got my first Taylor

My first Taylor acoustic arrived yesterday! Been playing a YAMAHA f310, so decided I needed a better guitar.

I went for a Taylor Academy 10e, sounds amazing for a beginner Taylor guitar!, so much easier to play, lovely smooth neck.

Sound very bright and crisp, not too boomy.

5 Likes

Happy NGD Nathan. Any chance of a piccy? I hope you have many hours of happiness from it.

1 Like

Hi Nathan,
Happy NGD :partying_face: , and is your camera broken?
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new guitar! I have a Taylor A10 that I picked up in 2020. A great little guitar that gets played as much as any of my other guitars. Enjoy!!

1 Like

Happy NGD Nathan!! But yes we need pics… :wink:

2 Likes

Taylor are lovely. Picked up a taylor big baby second hand plays great enjoy your new baby

1 Like

13 Likes

Wish you joyful music making, Nathan

1 Like

Nice! I hear only good things about Taylor academy. Enjoy!

Happy New Guitar Day Nathan!!

1 Like

Nice, enjoy :blush: I must admit to a little bias here though as I’ve got the same guitar (albeit without the electric pickup). I got mine 6 months ago when I started to learn and it’s been a lot of fun.
I fully expected to get a Yamaha but I then watched a load of videos on YouTube and while everyone said that Yamaha make great beginner guitars, there was even more love for the Academy and GS Mini from Taylor. A bit more expensive but I expect it to serve me for a long time

1 Like

Happy NGD, Nathan :hugs:.
It looks beautiful :star_struck:. I wish you lots of fun with your new six-string-friend :smiley:.

1 Like

Happy NGD!!

1 Like

Beautiful guitar. Is it electric too?

1 Like

Yeah it’s the 10e which in Taylor model numbers the 10 is dreadnought shape and the e is electric (I have a regular Academy 10)

1 Like

Congratulations :wink:

In what ways do you find it better than your previous guitar? I haven’t tried either model, but I saw that the Taylor costs c. 5x as much as the Yamaha.

1 Like

Happy NGD Nathan. There has been a bit of discussion on one of the other threads about the bevelled top edge on these guitars. It’ll be interesting to find out how you like it.

That’s awesome. Congratulations. I’m a big fan of Taylor guitars. Have owned a couple in the past and wouldn’t be surprised if I get another one.

1 Like

I ,love Taylor guitars!
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Happy NGD Nathan,

of course the looks, preferably with you on it with an insanely happy grin, I am however looking forward to the sound comparisons! (Am a happy owner of a Martin, and a Taylor baritone)