Grade 2 Shuffle Strum and Blues Solo

I was feeling quite accomplished…until I tried playing the shuffle strum and the blues solo in time! Playing the two separately, I feel like I get a good natural groove going…together, with correct timing, everything becomes flat and robotic!

https://wholefoodplantbasedrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/12-Bar-Blues-Acoustic-Guitar-11522-6.43-PM.mp3

2 Likes

Hi Ryan, sounds good to me!

Just keep at it, it takes time to get the ‘flow’ together. When I’m learning a new piece I just keep on working at getting the notes in order, there are always those sticky, tricky parts that sound way off but with practice they fall into place eventually…

“If it sounds good it is good” I’m not convinced you can solo to a specific timing, bring it from the heart :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some great advice there from @liaty Dave. Keep at it and you will get there.

1 Like

Keep working at it Ryan. You’re well on your way.

1 Like

Sounds good to me, Ryan.

I suggest you try slowing the tempo down a little. You may find that gives you the time and space to concentrate on the timing and feel.

Keep doing what you’re doing!

You mentioned previously wanting to locate and post the personal intro (a little personal background, guitar history, and goals as a member of the JustinGuitar Community) … you can post that here in #community-hub:introduce-yourself

1 Like

That sounded good to me too and I agree with @DavidP when he says

Today I’m going to try the next lesson…improvisation. I think you’re right…I’ll record the rhythm again at a much slower pace…allow me a bit of time to think about improvising!

1 Like