Grade 3 Test ANSWERS

No cheating now!

View the full lesson at Grade 3 Test ANSWERS | JustinGuitar

Ouch! I was over confident… After having passed grade 1 and 2 very good scores without training, I thought I could take the test of grade 3 with no specific training. Wrong… I got 12 out of 20 only :frowning:
I will practice using your tool, Justin.
Once more, your course Is great despite the fact I had to spend 2 weeks without my guitar which wouldn’t be taken on as cabin bagage by Transavia for less than a the price of an additional seat (my Stratocaster is smaller than the usual 110x55x45 cm3 that regular airlines allow to carry on small musical instruments).
I’ve been practicing on a fake neck the passed 15 days and I am happy to go home to my beloved guitar today :slight_smile:

After daily training, these pay days 100% right! Ready to move on.

“As long as you got over 75% and you’re confident that you’re not getting one answer consistently wrong (if you are, study that interval more!) you’re ready to level up!”

100% on the quiz. Easy-breezy.
But “eeeerrrrrrrk”, (sound of record needle scratching across vinyl) there is no level to “level up” to. :crying_cat_face:

More on that at the end of the Grade 3 discussion. I’ll make suggestions. I still have work to do. I’ve got the sound of the notes down solid, but? Practice makes permanent.

I’m going to go back and spend more time on Mental Fretboard Development.
That has a couple (or more) purposes.

1. Visualizing the fretboard
  2. Pairing fretboard visualization to mentally constructing sound
  3. Working on I-IV-V chord progressions, determining the key, then determining a random set of notes of that key and find them on the fretboard.

I’ve got a lot of room for work on fretboard memorization, fretboard note visualization, and mental audibilization of scale degrees, and chords, and progressions. Onwards and upwards! :cloud:

And I need to do the Quick-Fire Quiz, but I’m not too worried.