Greensleeves and a Christmas bonus

Same for me, I already was on Greensleves, when I was looking for a more advanced version of Silent Night for Christmas and found this one in the old Beginner’s Course book and realised, that this would be a great deal to practice rolling chords. Silent Night is running more smoothly but both still need (lots of) work, hopefully Silent Night will become decent until Christmas :wink:.

Hey Nicole, Rolling Chords are Part of Grade 3, Module 16, great lesson. Do you know, how we call them in German? I know they are arpeggiated chords, but do you know, if there’s a certain German expression? (I have to grin, because meanwhile I know terms of guitar related stuff better in English than in German, always funny, when being in a guitar store in Germany and having to think about the correct terms :flushed:)

3 Likes

Hi Andrea, sorry, I can’t help in this case. I have absolutely no idea :see_no_evil:.

Same here :joy:.

1 Like

Stefan, these were nice early holiday songs, especially since Greensleeves is the tune for “What Child is This” carol. I think your rolling chords are coming along nicely as others have said. The tone is crisp and clear. The only thing that I noticed in both songs was some timing issues with slight pauses during some of the more difficult chord transitions, but it wasn’t too noticeable and that would improve with practice. I enjoyed both of the performances.

1 Like

They were great, Stefan! :smiley: Really enjoyed listening to both! Makes me want to learn a Christmas song… Do they do metal Christmas songs? :thinking: I’m sure there are some cheesy ones out there :roll_eyes: :laughing: From someone who totally skipped rolling chords :see_no_evil: all I can say is that your playing was impressive to me and I applaud your dedication to get it that far despite not being that into it. Thanks for sharing buddy! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thousands :smile:

2 Likes

So, no excuses Jeff @nzmetal :wink:, we need someone to blow the chingelingeling to other spheres :innocent:.

2 Likes

@SteveL_G99 Thank you Steve, I am more pleased with starting to get the rolling chords under my fingers, so to speak as I’m sure they will come in further along the line.

@nzmetal I’m glad you enjoyed them Jeff. Oh there are plenty out there. I guess the thing is if you know you’re never going to use them then there is no point in practicing them. I’m still unsure where my guitar adventure is going to take me, so I’m trying everything. :smiley:

Just for you Jeff and you’ll not find another Christmas song that has, Bells end, in it. :joy:

2 Likes