Greensleeves Chord Melody

Hello Community, I took sometime today to record this… I love to play Greensleeves! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I started learning it I think in February, and in April I could already play it. I feel more confident now and if those additions to G and C :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: (involving pinky) weren’t so pesky I could be more confident than this. Anyway…here it is, as usual any feedback is very much appreciated…

…and at the end of Greensleeves…

…a little intro to another chord melody that I worked out by myself following Greensleeves’ example…can you name it? It’s another great lady from the anglosaxon collective imagery! (Pinky there is very much involved, poor little thing!)

Sorry for the light from the window…

16 Likes

I love chord additions you made, it greatly enriched the melody.

1 Like

Thank you, but…this is Justin’s arrangement to tell the truth! :blush:

Sounded good to me Silvia, there’s always something soothing about Greensleeves!
I can’t pick the other melody but it sounds good, give us a clue? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Notter :blush: Most of Irish pubs around the world have her name ha haha…now it’s easy!

Silvia that was really great, sounded very much like Justin’s areangement especially the rolling chords which I find very tricky. Well done!

1 Like

Very nicely done Silvia. What a tease with the last section, its on the tip of my tongue but just can’t recall the name. Need to stir the memory banks.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

sounded great you made it look easy and as for my pinky we not talking to each other. There again sometimes it does good stuff and it just goes you liked that, lol not telling you

1 Like

Lovely rendition of Greensleeves Silvia. You’ve put a lot of work into that. Well done.

In Dublin’s fair city …………cockles and mussels alive alive o. Well done Molly Malone.

2 Likes

Really nice job! This has inspired me to get back into Greensleeves. The work that you put in is showing!

1 Like

Very nice Sylvia and your time definitely wasn’t wasted!
Interested to hear your choice of applying that idea to Molly Malone, with a bit more work it’s going to be another nice piece to play!

1 Like

Thank you Adrian for listening and commenting. The rolling chords are as tricky as lovely and perseverance is needed here. I’m quite happy they “roll out” as I wish most of the times. What actually needs more work now is my fretting hand. But hey ho…I’m well happy because I can find it confidently on the fretboard from memory and I know I won’t forget it…technique will improve with time.

1 Like

Thanks for listening and commenting :blush:

This made me smile :joy: …but it’s only baby finger, you have to be indulgent! Maybe here it’s daddy finger not taking his parental responsabilities and being a steady refering point for all the family! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Silvia,
Wonderfully played, :sunglasses: :bouquet: :clap: … was great to listen to on this quiet dark morning, and the light through the window gave it a nice mistyness :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap: yes it’s Molly Malone :blush:

Thank you for listening and for your feedback, I did put a lot of work in this :sweat_smile:

Thanks for listening Toby…"In Dublin’s fair city…:notes::notes:":wink:

1 Like

This is very nice to read, thank you :blush::blush::blush: I’m glad to hear you are getting back to it, this arrangement sounds super sweet and soothing!

Thanks Darrell :blush: I’m posting soon a Molly Malone recording that I did in July. I think I’m improving it, but it gives you an idea of how I tried to apply what I learnt from Justin’s arrangement of Greensleeves. Thanks again for your positive comment!

2 Likes

Thank you Roger for your nice comment, it’s always so heartwarming to know that someone is enjoying what we play! :blush::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Nicely done, Sylvia. I went to a talk on Irish music in Dublin a few years ago and the presenters were quite dismissive of Molly Malone. Not feeling it truly represented their craft. I think they felt it was simplistic. Anyway, I’ve always liked it!

1 Like