?Guilty? Pleasures!

No shame in enjoying a bit of Culture Club (I would NOT have worn the T shirt though) Karma Chameleon!!! Loved that song!!! Anyone keeping George Michael / Wham! with the skeletons in their closet? If I did, I am not telling!!!

Tod

1 Like

When we last moved house, my wife was less than impressed. Everything was in boxes, the kitchen wasn’t set up and here I was unpacking my records and CDs and organising them into their correct genres. My argument was that I couldn’t start work without music.

1 Like

Be careful, slippery surface :joy:. I admit, that I heard Careless Whisper countless times in my teens. And I love the later albums of George Michael, he was an incredible singer.

2 Likes

My mainstay is indie/alternative/punk rock/90’s britpop, but I am partial to a bit of Sandy Shaw up loud.

:astonished: Surely Evanescence is never a guilty pleasure Toby? My Immortal is a stunning track. No, bring me to life in there?

1 Like

That was the best song they ever did Rebecca. Tell your brother to get over it. :smiley:

1 Like

Its on the list as are many others but I thought I’d already posted too many examples already !
:sunglasses:

No limit here Toby! Feel free to add to the list! I must admit that I didn’t understand what you meant by Floor windmilling till I watched the clip you added…

music definitely conveys emotions! That’s why I started this topic… one person’s joyful experience while someone else is feeling no joy at all… if we let others taste influence our own, our personal happiness can suffer! Like what YOU like!!!
Whew!!! Rant over!!!
Now, did I mention “Copacabana” by Barry Manilow? Love that song :notes:!!!

Tod

Get out! :rofl: :crazy_face:

That will have been @DarrellW but I did know what he meant, as my daughter brought Nightwish to my attention a good few years back. I am a sucker for stunning female vocals !
:sunglasses:

A quick hijack. Toby, check out London Grammar. Not rocky in anyway but Hannah has some of the most stunning vocals I have ever heard.

1 Like

Good call Stefan !

2 Likes

This came up in the LG feed and should certainly be added to the Amy Lee list.
Guaranteed goosebumps :wink:

2 Likes

I really like their music and so do many others but my secret isn’t quite as specified; take a look at Floor doing windmills (hair twirling) and you might get the drift :smiling_imp:
If I had to stick to as specified it would probably be Avril Lavigne Complicated (I had a real crush on her)!

2 Likes

Darrell have to admit I am partial to some Avril but not something I normally share :rofl:
I have a Baldrick like plan to cover one of her songs at an OM, where the track title would be a little misleading to say the least. :rofl:

1 Like

Wassat? Skater boi :grin:

2 Likes

She is sooooooooo good. Great track Toby and I know this has nothing to do with the price of fish but what a foxy lady as well. :smiley:

1 Like

I do believe I have their first album, but it was a gift from my older sister who kept asking the younger gal at her workplace for advice. That’s how I got a Rush album. I am not a fan. :rofl: My sister should have gotten me Bowie and Warren Zevon, but she didn’t start that till long after I moved away. So those are on CDs which are unpacked.

It got me thinking about my media room again, it will also have the surround system for movies (which reminds me I will have to buy more speakers as 2 of those are currently in the living room for the cd player and current TV, but that’s down the road, too.) I asked the hubby he just now and he literally groaned, “too far in the future, too much on my mind”. Well, he is trying to install the central heat, we’ve gone through 2 winters without any (all hail and praise to the gas stove in the living room), so, yeah, kind of important. :upside_down_face:

I do like that feeling of dropping a needle onto a record though…

Late to the party, but how could this list be complete without Boney M.? :smiley:

Lip syncing maybe not at its best, but lip syncing it is :laughing: And still, I can’t help singing along when that song is played somewhere.

3 Likes

Evanescence is great. I wouldn’t be embarrassed about that. Looking forward to your power strum…wake me up in time…madman style :rofl: