Guitar Challenge (Blues Study Pieces) - Solo Blues Guitar (Justin Sandercoe)

Thanks Mari!
Yep, 7/9 piece from Justins solo blues course. Called Single Line Blues.

It’s hard sometimes to differentiate semitone bends and curls (1/4 bends). And when the tempo increases I feel its just muscle memory if you hit a correct semitone, too fast tempo too hear if you hit the right note or not… I guess its just practice, practice, practice…
I feel switching frequently between guitars (electric, acoustic, string gauge) makes it kinda harder to develop that muscle memory.

Mari with an i, any scandinavian relatives?

1 Like

No Scandinavian relatives, Mari is short for Marigold, my mother’s maiden name. I shortened it to Mari when I was a teenager, but I kept the spelling because I like it!

I switch between electric and acoustic all the time as well, as I have my DIY tele at work to practice on my lunch break, and at home I’m either using my Strat with headphones or a Martin acoustic. I find that switching definitely has an impact, but overall I find it actually works well for me, keeps me tuned in to the music more or something.

Now to try to get those couple of ‘curls’ on Gospel Blues!

Its been awhile , but here is Walking Bass Blues. Number 8 out of 9 from Justins Solo Blues Guitar course. Just 1 left :slight_smile: I put the first recording (walking easy blues) out february 2022.

Played at medium speed 120 bpm. Full speed, according to Justin is 140 bpm.

8 Likes

Bravo, Hans, sounds so good. Well done on continuing to work through the course.

1 Like

Nice Hans, :sunglasses: :clap:
Oooh I still have that stuff lying around to learn :see_no_evil:
Too many fun and beautiful things to learn and too little (recovery and
brain power) time for everything :sweat_smile:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks, David!

1 Like

It sure is. A day should have more hours

1 Like

That was very tasty, Hans. There was a great vibe to it. Your blues playing is great.

1 Like

Good to see you have nearly finished the course Hans. That one certainly has more of a jazz vibe going on. Need to get back on track with this having stuttered with No 3. Sweet playing sir !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks! I have certainly made progress since Walking Easy Blues (1/9).

1 Like

Thank you Sir! I enjoyed this piece, nice to incorporate som jazz elements.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

It sounds like James did a fantastic job on the performance! It’s always great to receive positive feedback, and it’s clear that James put effort into his playing. Adjusting the guitar volume to make it slightly louder could enhance the overall balance, but regardless, it’s clear that his hard work paid off in creating a great performance.