Guitar Challenge (Lead Guitar) - Need Your Love So Bad

Thomas that was really good, well done on taking this solo! Great to see other folks joining the challenge :wink:

2 Likes

Super tone. That was terrific Thomas, just a bit too short. :smiley:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: ‘bout time we heard off you!

1 Like

Haha once I find some time for it absolutely as I love this solo!

1 Like

Congratulations of your first AVOYP posting Thomas.

That was some tasty playing. Very smooth and laid back. Love the look of that guitar as well.

1 Like

Created drums and bass in my DAW, then played the intro solo about seven or eight times. This is the best of those seven or eight takes. I was having trouble keeping string noise down (not so much muting, but “creaks” during sustained bends, etc). Maybe too much gain.

The guitar is my new ES-339 on its bridge pickup through a Boss GT-1000 Core (using a slightly tweaked “Brit Stack 57” patch). Went straight into the interface from the GT-1000 Core.

Need Your Love So Bad (Intro Solo)

8 Likes

Love it Jason nailed the essence of the solo and your new guitar soudned fab in here!

1 Like

Well that brightened my morning Jason. New guitar sounding mighty fine and as Adi said, you nailed the exercise. Top job.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

@J.W.C and I’m late to the party but loved it, Jason, played like a pro and tone was fabulous.

1 Like

Hey folks, sorry been a bit inactive recently especially in recordings section, but life and all :smiley: although I do still practice and am prepping up something pretty cool for Community’s Open Mic, but anyway this is not it :smiley:

This one was just for fun as this song keeps popping up on my playlist and it is so hard to resist trying to learn some cool sounding tunes, I decided I will give the intro solo a go especially that we have an existing challenge in here! Perhaps someone will continue the thread (hopefully) and my revival will bring some inspiration to folks :smiley:

Anyway I know the solo back to back thanks to listening it over and over again, so started learning it yesterday and decided to give it a go at recording today. I think it came out quite nicely although not too happy with some noise strings, perhaps gain was a bit too high. I will definitely put this one down on my list to learn it full back to back with singing, definitely an achievable one!

No playing around with Reaper or such, direct guitar via amp into my laptop and OBS, BT from youtube running in the background. Let me know if you like it and if there is anything else I should be looking at in terms of lessons learnt!

10 Likes

You really putting a lot feeling into your playing. Bends and vibrato with bends good job.

1 Like

Lovely tone, lovely feel, Adrian.

From a recording/production pespective, you are about 15dB below the YT norm and I was reaching for the volume knob to turn it up. I suggest you look at filters in OBS to add gain to the incoming signal to boost up closer to the norm. I think targetting a range of 3-6dB below the norm is a good idea.

Look forward to the entire song, what a fine day that will be.

1 Like

Nice work Adi :+1:

1 Like

Rick, Dave many thanks for encouragement!

David - thanks for some good suggestions, I must have had my volume knob in AI quite loud then if it came out quiet, thank you for picking it up as during OM I will have to set it up properly :grinning: also I tuned down volume knob on guitar as while recording I think other strings were ringing out too loud to my ears, hence perhaps I undercooked it volume wise :grinning: all the best

1 Like

Very nicely played Adi and as Rick mentioned a lot of feel being applied, well done. Didn’t notice any issue with levels but I did have the volume up for some Justin Johnson 4 string madness !

:+1:

1 Like

Nicely played Adrian. Well done on the bends, vibrato and the timing.

1 Like

Beautifully played!

1 Like

You pretty much nailed it Adi, very nicely played!

1 Like

I cannot help with any advice Adi but I thought the playing was great.

Is there anything you can do to eliminate the string noise or is it just a case of turning the amp up?

Thanks Stefan! I think I probably had gain ramped up too high, so some fiddling around with gain and volume knobs potentially would solve it… and of course a better muting technique :face_with_hand_over_mouth: all the best

1 Like