Guitar Challenge (Lead Guitar) - Need Your Love So Bad

Nice work Adi :+1:

1 Like

Rick, Dave many thanks for encouragement!

David - thanks for some good suggestions, I must have had my volume knob in AI quite loud then if it came out quiet, thank you for picking it up as during OM I will have to set it up properly :grinning: also I tuned down volume knob on guitar as while recording I think other strings were ringing out too loud to my ears, hence perhaps I undercooked it volume wise :grinning: all the best

1 Like

Very nicely played Adi and as Rick mentioned a lot of feel being applied, well done. Didn’t notice any issue with levels but I did have the volume up for some Justin Johnson 4 string madness !

:+1:

1 Like

Nicely played Adrian. Well done on the bends, vibrato and the timing.

1 Like

Beautifully played!

1 Like

You pretty much nailed it Adi, very nicely played!

1 Like

I cannot help with any advice Adi but I thought the playing was great.

Is there anything you can do to eliminate the string noise or is it just a case of turning the amp up?

Thanks Stefan! I think I probably had gain ramped up too high, so some fiddling around with gain and volume knobs potentially would solve it… and of course a better muting technique :face_with_hand_over_mouth: all the best

1 Like

You’ve got the touch and the tone, Adrian. Sounded sweet to me!

1 Like

Thanks Mari glad you thought that way! :grinning:

1 Like

I was going to do this one on the OM but then discovered that a few had already done it here so I’ve added my tuppence worth. As it’s over 6 minutes long I only did the one rather that umpteen takes. There are a few glitches that I’ve attempted to tweak but my ancient PC takes an hour to save a video so I gave up tweaking. Anyway it marks the start of my Peter Green odyssey:

7 Likes

Very nicely done Peter. Think you’ve raised the bar with this one. No critique from me, it was enough to be able to play the solo, let alone the whole song and sing it ! Well done sir, cracking job.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Thanks Toby. I now know why Peter Green didn’t sing and play at the same time on this. I’ve been taking some notice of Justin’s singing and playing advice but it ain’t easy; especially when you forget to sing into the mike.

2 Likes

Love it, Peter. You have great feel in both the playing and singing.

Have you tried backing off from the mic? I find it works better for me to be maybe 6-8" off the mic, with gain and m,ix levels adjusted accordingly. I find that makes the overall performance less susceptible to fluctuations caused by not being right on the mic, up close and on the axis.

Thanks David that’s very kind. I do need to do a lot of work on my mic technique and setting the levels right. I also have a 57 mic on the amp too and both are going through a PA mixer before the computer interfaces. The upcoming OM will be a challenge and I might end up going acoustic for that. I probably need to invest in a condenser mic longer term.

1 Like

Sounds really good @rorystrat , ace tone as well

1 Like

Hey Peter, that absolutely ace! Great tones and decent playing!
The solo was spot on, you’ve raised the bar on my attempt now, well done bro’!

No way Darrell, your solo was magnificent and you didn’t fluff your lines the way I did.

On most versions of this original Fleetwood Mac song, it fades out during the solo but I got hold of a copy somewhere of a “USA” version which carries on to the end. So that’s the version I did. I have one live version of Peter Green doing it but he omits the solo. If I was going to do this on the OM then that’s what I would have done too.

I also discovered that the backing track I had got hold of, gets horribly out of synch towards the end - note to self; rehearse with the full backing track before pushing the record button.

1 Like

That was one of the reasons why I made my own backing track, plus I think it was better cut back so that you could really hear my solo properly.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.