Guitar Challenge - Play your favorite short lick or riff here!

I have been really enjoying all these licks so I thought I would throw something in. This is an oldie from The pretenders - back on the chain gang. It would definitely sound better on an electric but here goes anyway.

20 Likes

Catching up on some licks & riffs, so fun checking out this post! :smiley:

@Malz missed your one earlier sorry about that! Real tasty! Gorgeous tone! :heart_eyes:
@adi_mrok ooooh love that! It was like a little lesson in what a difference some extra speed makes to a lick, loved it mate, shredding up a storm! :fire:
@Eddie_09 That’s cool to see how that one’s played mate! Great share! Always enjoyed that track from The Pretenders, looks a fun one to play :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

:guitar::pray: @nzmetal

1 Like

@nzmetal thank you sir.

1 Like

Instantly recognizeable, Eddie! Nice one :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Of course I should have started with this, but I only remembered this the night after creating this topic… :upside_down_face:

This is my first lick that I could play when I had a guitar in my room, a …cough cough… a few… coughs …years ago… :grimacing: . I didn’t know how to tune my strings, and of course I certainly didn’t know that this was called a lick … but as a teenager I loved this and when there was one or more girls around well :blush: .And nowadays I do it regularly when my girl comes in :innocent:or in other situations at home when needed :smile:
(on the street it is usually less appreciated so be careful :roll_eyes:)

This can be done by everyone quick, and also to show how short it can be :smiley:.

And is also intended for anyone who wants to hear it (well, actually mine is for people of the opposite sex because I have never done this to a man… it came close to Briana… .but still :thinking::smile: )

Greetings

Hi Briana .

@brianlarsen :wave:

Edit: while I really just sent this video to my girl a minute ago (yes she likes that :grin:) :sunglasses:, she says it sounds different on that guitar… it was recorded spontaneously earlier and I had this in my hands apperently , BUT it is the first video of my ACOUSTASONIC :smiley:
Well it deserved a longer introduction to be honest :smirk:

27 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Okay, I give up- You win…
Go back to not tagging me again :laughing:
Now head over to my latest avoyp and gimme some love :wink:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

:laughing: :+1:

1 Like

Literal LOL! Thanks for that!

1 Like

Classic Rogier :rofl:

1 Like

@roger_holland trying to seduce us all :wink:

3 Likes

The man is a playa. :smiley:

3 Likes

:rofl: Genius Rogier :rofl:

1 Like

Best Lick I ever heard :grinning: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I have played this lick for a year (?) now.
For such a simple lick.
It’s killer to play. I think. Tempo is supposed to be 140bpm. So pretty darn fast. And if ya try to play it against a metronome it’ll really mess ya up…
I still don’t get it right but once in a blue moon. And this one ain’t perfect either. But I wanted to submit something since I said I would.

https://youtu.be/zQqsf2tnjg4

Thanks for the good idea on this post.

18 Likes

Oke …hi Jim I think :guide_dog: :smile:
After my last conversation about light… I even think THIS is a little too dark :laughing: , but luckily it’s good to see what you’re hands are doing :sunglasses:
Greetings

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Trond ,
Pay attention at the place where you are working now. Maybe I am your Siren

:wave:

Hi @tRONd
I’ll answer you here to try to maintain some clarity :smile:

not for me… :smile:

I only played it for about 5 hours I think and made 2 recordings with not many mistakes (that 6th trick)… BUT my biggest problem is that I can’t get rid of the squeaking of the strings while playing the 6th trick , hopefully it’s the factory strings because otherwise I still have a lot of work to do,
no it is really a lot of fiiiiiiep fiiieeeup … and of course that one include a lot of slide over the string, but still :flushed: … and the best acoustic sound I get out of strumming …
I will post soon… :blush:

Hahahaha… well, if you are stupid enough to swim around in that freezing water… :joy:
like that acoustasonic of yours… looks like a very fun instrument… Best lick ive ever heard by the way!

Edit Rogier… that came out wrong. that supercool Fender deserves a way bigger introduction than this… ive seen what you are capable of… please make an proper introduction on it… i am curious on how it sounds…

1 Like