Guitar Challenge - Play your favorite short lick or riff here!

@nzmetal thank you sir.

1 Like

Instantly recognizeable, Eddie! Nice one :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Of course I should have started with this, but I only remembered this the night after creating this topic… :upside_down_face:

This is my first lick that I could play when I had a guitar in my room, a …cough cough… a few… coughs …years ago… :grimacing: . I didn’t know how to tune my strings, and of course I certainly didn’t know that this was called a lick … but as a teenager I loved this and when there was one or more girls around well :blush: .And nowadays I do it regularly when my girl comes in :innocent:or in other situations at home when needed :smile:
(on the street it is usually less appreciated so be careful :roll_eyes:)

This can be done by everyone quick, and also to show how short it can be :smiley:.

And is also intended for anyone who wants to hear it (well, actually mine is for people of the opposite sex because I have never done this to a man… it came close to Briana… .but still :thinking::smile: )

Greetings

Hi Briana .

@brianlarsen :wave:

Edit: while I really just sent this video to my girl a minute ago (yes she likes that :grin:) :sunglasses:, she says it sounds different on that guitar… it was recorded spontaneously earlier and I had this in my hands apperently , BUT it is the first video of my ACOUSTASONIC :smiley:
Well it deserved a longer introduction to be honest :smirk:

27 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Okay, I give up- You win…
Go back to not tagging me again :laughing:
Now head over to my latest avoyp and gimme some love :wink:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

:laughing: :+1:

1 Like

Literal LOL! Thanks for that!

1 Like

Classic Rogier :rofl:

1 Like

@roger_holland trying to seduce us all :wink:

3 Likes

The man is a playa. :smiley:

3 Likes

:rofl: Genius Rogier :rofl:

1 Like

Best Lick I ever heard :grinning: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I have played this lick for a year (?) now.
For such a simple lick.
It’s killer to play. I think. Tempo is supposed to be 140bpm. So pretty darn fast. And if ya try to play it against a metronome it’ll really mess ya up…
I still don’t get it right but once in a blue moon. And this one ain’t perfect either. But I wanted to submit something since I said I would.

https://youtu.be/zQqsf2tnjg4

Thanks for the good idea on this post.

18 Likes

Oke …hi Jim I think :guide_dog: :smile:
After my last conversation about light… I even think THIS is a little too dark :laughing: , but luckily it’s good to see what you’re hands are doing :sunglasses:
Greetings

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Trond ,
Pay attention at the place where you are working now. Maybe I am your Siren

:wave:

Hi @tRONd
I’ll answer you here to try to maintain some clarity :smile:

not for me… :smile:

I only played it for about 5 hours I think and made 2 recordings with not many mistakes (that 6th trick)… BUT my biggest problem is that I can’t get rid of the squeaking of the strings while playing the 6th trick , hopefully it’s the factory strings because otherwise I still have a lot of work to do,
no it is really a lot of fiiiiiiep fiiieeeup … and of course that one include a lot of slide over the string, but still :flushed: … and the best acoustic sound I get out of strumming …
I will post soon… :blush:

Hahahaha… well, if you are stupid enough to swim around in that freezing water… :joy:
like that acoustasonic of yours… looks like a very fun instrument… Best lick ive ever heard by the way!

Edit Rogier… that came out wrong. that supercool Fender deserves a way bigger introduction than this… ive seen what you are capable of… please make an proper introduction on it… i am curious on how it sounds…

1 Like

Great topic.
It is somewhat revealing of the need perhaps for Justin to explain in his early beginner riff lessons the difference between a riff and a lick.
Multiple people (perhaps half of the uploads) are posting riffs here.

5 Likes

And I’m probably going to end up being guilty on that score as well Richard with this one!! Until this thread I’d only learnt the first half of this, before the walk up, so been a good catalyst to revisit this introduction lick (or riff, who knows anymore!) :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Lick or Riff what is the difference

You’re lucky that I’m so easy-going :rofl: Nooo I’m way too happy that so many people want to play along with me. :blush: :sunglasses:

Greetings,

4 Likes