Guitar Challenge - Play your favorite short lick or riff here!

Really beautiful, @roger_holland . It’s amazing what one “simple” lick can do when played over different chords and with small variations.

1 Like

@Mari63 thanks a lot Mari :blush: It’s part of my daily practice routine. I love Eric Clapton’s covers of some of the classic blues songs.

@Helen0609 thanks so much Andrea :blush: I’m really happy with how the tone turned out. Yes I’m still using the Fender GTX100 and really loving it. Amazing tones and extremely flexible. Still learning the ins and outs of it. Been experimenting with its simulated pedals lately. Made my own preset with a Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb amp model and an EQ pedal, tubescreamer overdrive and spring reverb if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I remember you bought one. I currently have a Blackstar ID Core V20, nice amp, but no input for pedals, loopers, etc. So, at a point, I plan to upgrade, and the Fender is one of the favourites (I need some good blues tones), but not sure, if the new Katana might be a better choice. Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Unfortunately while I can’t compare the two myself (I only very briefly tried the 2nd gen Katana in the store) but I do love my Fender amp :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve gotten amazing tones out of it not only with my Fender Strat but also with my humbucker guitars using other amp models as well which also sound great (Marshalls, Orange & Vox). The only external pedals I use it with it are a tuner pedal and looper (but I do use the included footswitch all the time). All the other effects pedals I use are built-in to the amp and I’m still discovering and trying new ones (experimenting with a fuzz pedal today for that second solo in Sweet Home Chicago :grin:).

I’m hoping to post another AVOYP of me playing all the Thrill is Gone solos together with some rhythm in between on my PRS SE Hollowbody II. If you’d like, I can tag you so you can have a listen to that one as well (might be a few weeks though as I’m traveling soon) :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll watch this place!

1 Like

Watch the topic title …short lick (oke I make a long one ), but the man wants to play half a song :joy::sunglasses:

I’m also looking forward to it Andrea :blush: good luck Firas and have fun I will find your AVOYP
don’t put it away in your LL ,because than there is a risk I miss it,

Greetings

2 Likes

this place = the forum, not necessarily this thread :wink:.

2 Likes

@roger_holland Yeah I know I already pushed my luck posting the intro solo here, but this thread needed some livening up :guitar::man_dancing:t4::rofl: I’ll post the other one in it’s own AVOYP thread and spam mention you so you don’t miss it :crazy_face:

@Helen0609 thanks for coming to my defense :pray:t4: @roger_holland can get cranky when he’s not playing his guitar, but then don’t we all :rofl:

2 Likes

Sounding good Firas, love that Freddie King opener (Going Down) that Clapton used for his version of Sweet Home. One of my favourites as it can be played at any temp and sounds completely different.
:+1:

1 Like

For this one a Strat is essential equipment:

10 Likes

Delicious, Peter, an appetiser that left me hungry for more :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks David @DavidP It’s good to leave the audience wanting more.

Now is it more riffs you want or more of that song? Wicked Game starts on Bmin and is just the same 3 chords repeating throughout: Bmin, A, E. Try it for yourself. Cheers Peter

1 Like

I was just enjoying listening and watching, Peter :smile_cat:

Lovely strat intro there Peter!

1 Like

This is how my short, lazy fingers have learnt this:

10 Likes

I thought I’d better do this Peter Green riff before Shane @sclay claimed it. Oh Well!

4 Likes

Oh Well…another great tune from Peter Green…

1 Like

That was a freaking awesome riff man!

1 Like

Nice little riff/lick! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job!