Guitar Challenge - Play your favorite short lick or riff here!

Nice little bluesy tune!

1 Like

Wicked lick.

1 Like

Great thread, I’ll try and learn something and post it

1 Like

https://youtu.be/wsPSJK1bx5E

Must be one of Nile Rodgers easier riffs.

2 Likes

You’re video is set to private.

Thanks. I have updated it, so hopefully should work now.

1 Like

Hi all :sunglasses:

After Toby’s @TheMadman_tobyjenner comment at Shane’s medley`s playing I also thought a bit… "when am I going to get all that in my head "…

I still have too many things going on :see_no_evil:

so I just decided to just do one (pattern 3 lick 2) with a answer attached to it… :baby: :paw_prints:

The special thing is that since yesterday I started practicing my vibrato the right way (or at least as in the lessons taught here …mine was bad), I started wrong because for a long time I only applied it to the bottom string so I did all up …the masterclass I watched yesterday by SETH ROSENBLOOM was a hard/painful eye opener …

I hope you like it and it encourages good deeds :smiley:

Greetings ,Rogier

4 Likes

Sounding cool Roger. :+1:

1 Like

short but awesome :smiley:

1 Like

…must be a BLIM thing? Very good.

1 Like

Thank you all :sunglasses:

And yes Peter ( I see i wasn`t I see that I was not completely clear… fighting against the clock of internet maintenance in the area (3:50 minutes down instead of 30 minutes) … right after I posted, leaving some typos on you-tube … so thought about Brian L be Gremlining my laptop :roll_eyes:) ,but Just that first part is from the blim thing, although I’ve heard it before ,but where???

Greetings

could it be a modified Blues Lead P3 Lick 1

1 Like

I don’t see that… but I’m exhausted at the moment, so it’s probably just me …

But I actually mean exactly these notes, usually when I think I’m coming up with something (including chord progressions) I come across it somewhere within a year :see_no_evil:

Greetings and I hope you like it and otherwise you will fortunately only lose 11 seconds of your life :blush:

challenge accepted:

4 Likes

Hi Michael
nice one :sunglasses: :clap:

As stated at the very beginning, I have always intended to keep my chatting in this topic to a minimum, but I would like to say that I think it is good to give this topic a little more attention so that more seeing it and hopefully the appreciating it just a little more than copy and posting funny pictures :roll_eyes:

Greetings

Hi Rogier,

I really like this topic, so I am happy to help you keep it alive. :slight_smile:
I like the short videos over a whole song most of the time. I can get a feel for what is played, and then move along - usually to practice or work - more quickly. With BLIM, there is a lot more on the forums to read, and time gets pretty short.

That riff was something I had worked on before I had the skill and came back to it. I had it working a bit better before BLIM because I hadn’t played it since the course started!

1 Like

Please allow me to contribute to this excellent topic with one of my all time favourite riffs from Eric Clapton’s song “Badge”. I recorded two versions of the riff: one with an open B string, the other with the string fretted on the 3rd fret (Eric plays either, especially when playing live).

I don’t record videos, sorry about that, so a SoundCloud upload will have to do…

3 Likes

Hi Tomasz, @Coda
Nice one :sunglasses: and definitely one I’ll be adding :smiley:
But

Is this a ‘guess’ which one game? :grin:
The second is the open one? :crossed_fingers:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

OK, let me put it this way: after the first three notes (which are actually a D major arpeggio) comes a C chord that can be either a Cmaj7 (with open B string) or a Cadd9 (B string fretted on the 3rd fret) arpeggio. I think in the studio recording we hear the first version.
Oh, BTW, thanks so much for the kind words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oke :sunglasses:
And now I just looked up the live version (2019 versie) and I can’t remember hearing that performance before… it was very good and fun, and I heard your version well in it, Eric listened to you carefully :smile:

Keep having fun playing :smiley:

1 Like