Guitar Purchase regrets,

:rofl:
Ooopsā€¦

3 Likes

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sunglasses: :metal:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I made a guitar purchase online during COVID. Itā€™s a nice guitar, but I didnā€™t try it out beforehand. Experiencing a little buyerā€™s remorseā€¦ Over my three guitar limit (deal made with partner), and will lose money when I sell it. Oh, well. Live and learn.

Quite a few times, especially when itā€™s been an on the moment thing!
The biggest thing I have learned is that price doesnā€™t always indicate quality or suitability for what you need.
I got myself a Taylor 214CE beautiful guitar sounded nice but it was just a bit too big for me; I thought I would get used to it but didnā€™t so it had to go. In came a 000 size guitar (about the same size as a classical guitar) and Iā€™ve still got it now 7 years on, it was roughly half the price of my Taylor!

Perhaps the only regret was the one time I bought a guitar on the internet and it arrived with a hole in it. Recently. Is now sorted out and good.

Another perhaps not regret, but changing in what I wanted. My first electric was a Squier Strat with a trem bridge. I decided I preferred a fixed bridge so bought a Tele a year later and sold the Strat.

1 Like

I bought a Freshman Apollo acoustic many years back. At the time my daughter was interested in learning the guitar so I let her help me choose as I wanted something that would appeal to her.

The model she liked was black and gold and very 'blingy". Itā€™s a good guitar and Iā€™ve used it a lot, but I have never enjoyed the look.

In the end, she never did learn, so I could have got something I liked

Itā€™s a bit of a regret, but I still got plenty from that guitar, and itā€™s now probably going to end up with her husband who will definitely use it.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had more regrets selling, guitars are like tools, good ones will last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance and nobody ever complained about having to many tools

2 Likes

Yes, I initially regretted buying a guitar via an online dealer rather than play a bunch in store. It was after covid and most shops were difficult to get to and where I live the selection is limited. After getting a nice set up done on the guitar (PRS SE 245) and getting into string bending and blues improv Iā€™ve realised just how good a guitar it is. Streets ahead of other more expensive brands like Fender or Gibsons which ive played. Now Iā€™m so glad I took the plunge as it was also a gift to myself for losing my job (redundancy), completing a retrain at university, totally changing career and picking up a new job.

3 Likes

Nice guitar :slight_smile:

Oh I laughed out loud at this! Thanks for brightening my day!

2 Likes

no, not yetā€¦ :grin:

I regret buying my Uke as itā€™s not as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

One day though, hopefully a grandchild of mine will play it.

2 Likes

@mikemycroft

Youā€™re very welcome, Michael :grinning:

Oh yeah, this frequently happens to me when Iā€™m trying to be serious :face_with_monocle:
I just canā€™t :sweat_smile: :wink:

@SgtColon

You asked a bunch of folk on the Internet Do I need a ukelele? and now you have buyers remorse :rofl: maybe you just need an invisible band like James Hill Playing guitar and ukulele together - sairfingers - #12 by Socio

2 Likes

To regret nothing is the beginning of all wisdom

:smiley:

4 Likes

Well said :+1:

And if itā€™s true, I must be fairly wise already :nerd_face:

1 Like

There are no regrets in life, just lessons. :pray:

As to the OPs question, I have a large and varied stable. Unlike Frank Sinatra, regrets I have none, not even a few.

3 Likes

:joy: Well, if I could play like that James then maybe there would be no regrets. :slight_smile:

1 Like