Guitar wireless system affordable?

Please recommend a guitar wireless system for most home use but not bad if I can use it for busking ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Are you using with an electric or acoustic guitar ?
:thinking:

1 Like

Electric guitar mostly but I have accustic too .

I’ve been quite happy with the Line 6 G-10. I understand that the G-10S is even better.

1 Like

thanks, I can see somebody asked if I use acoustic guitar or electric guitar. Does it make any difference? I also have a multi effect and looper pedals with my electric guitar

It would depend on whether the wireless system works with active or passive pickups.

I got my electric guitar yesterday so have no idea what is passive or active the electric guitar is
Yamaha - Revstar Standard RSS02T

If the guitar needs batteries, it has active pickups; common in acoustic-electric guitars. Passive pickups don’t need batteries, common in regular electric guitars.

I have both: my Dean Zelinsky Tagliare has passive pickups, my Taylor 114e has active. The G-10 wireless system works well with both guitars.

OK than I need a wireless that works with both :slight_smile: Active and passive

1 Like

I’ve got the G10 and love it. So much better performing without the cables.

2 Likes

It will depend on the guitar as to whether active pickups are an issue or not. As Line 6 state on their website:

In some rare cases, the guitars active electronics are wired with inverse polarity. In this scenario, the original G10T transmitter’s electronics can go into a protection mode that keeps the system from being functional.

I have, personally, experienced this with a Line 6 G10T. The solution, for me, was to go for the G10TiI:

The new G10TII is designed to be electrically compatible with instruments using active pickups and preamps, without the need for an adapter.

The Boss WL-20 has also worked for me with no issues.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Ouch $400 here

I don’t know how that compares with the Line 6 GT10 system where you are.

In the UK (at Andertons, for example) the GT10 with GT10TII is ÂŁ209, compared with the WL-20 at ÂŁ153.

The GT10 is better than the WL-20 in many respects as it has a base unit charger. However, Boss has equivalent in the WL-50 which is ÂŁ182.

The original mk 1 G10 system is ÂŁ119. I think these are now discontinued, so you can get some bargains, but that has the older GT10T transmitter which may not work with some active pickups.

Personally, I think the WL-20 and WL-50 are better made than the GT10 which, in comparison, feels a bit fragile to me (and I know someone who has broken their one by knocking it).

The WL-50 also has standard 12V supply and a form factor which makes it much more suitable for mounting on a pedal board, if you ever want to do that in the future.

If these are too expensive, there are cheaper alternatives from Nux, Alesis, and Xvive. I have no experience of these.

Cheers,

Keith

This is the only G10 thing I can find.

TBH I kinda feel a decent wireless system should be next to no cost these days?

That’s the older one. If you have active pickups it may or may not work.

The cheapest unit I have seen was ÂŁ99 which is roughly 200 NZD with a straight currency conversion. You also probably pay a bit of a premium on top of that.

Cheers,

Keith

From that site there is also this:

That is, I suspect, about the cheapest you will get a wireless guitar system for at this time.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Thanks, not terrible, but too much for home use I think for now

I did some extensive research about 2 months ago for myself and after some bad experience those plug and play set(the wifi signals interfered).

I went for the “AKG WMS 40 Mini Instrument ISM2 – Thomann UK” system. It works on a single AA battery and the 30 hour rating is not a lie, I practice about 2 - 3 / hours a day and i cant remember when I last replaced the battery :thinking: . The sound is great and the transmitter is light.

Invest in some decent rechargeable batteries with a high mah rating and enjoy the freedom :metal:

2 Likes

I’m on a budget so bought these on Amazon. Surprisingly they’re absolutely spot on. I can wander around my entire flat while playing, quality is excellent, no noticeable latency, and I get about 5-6 hours of play with each charge. Not bad for the budget price.

1 Like

If it works for you, perfect! Other wifi signals gave me issues with those kinda plugs :slight_smile: