Half the World Away - My First AVOYP

Wow, that was amazing great vocals and guitar playing!! As for tips i cant really say anything cus i think you did great! Im not much a finger picker either lol.

1 Like

You should pop over to the Community Hub and introduce yourself and tell a bit about your musical interests, background and such. You’re sure to receive a warm welcome. See you on the boards! :wave:

1 Like

@TheCluelessLuthier you are too kind! Thank you! So important to have fun, isn’t it? There’s this vocal coach who says that every time we use our voices it should be with ease, pleasure and joy. Same with music, no?

@Bytron08 Thank you! I think my next aim is to make it through the song without pulling faces and laughing :joy:

@Crystalcz Thank YOU and everyone for your warm welcome here too! I don’t know what I was so worried about. Wish I’d have got involved sooner. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow !!! Wowser !!

Boy that was an impressive debut Liane=Rose. Love the percussion and dynamics and just love the way you enjoyed yourself through the whole performance, it was so genuine and honest. You also have a beautiful voice and it fits this song so well. And it was exquisitely played. I think in future I will refuse to give you a seat in the audience for the next Open Mics and just kick you onto the stage. You are a natural. Thanking for sharing.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Aw @TheMadman_tobyjenner bless you, you are far too kind! Oh don’t you worry, I’ll be requesting a spot on the old Open Mic someday. My next aim is to do a few more vids where I get through the whole song without pulling a face or laughing.

Thank you so much for watching and for your encouragement. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Your joy of playing is contagious and it was wonderful on that chord snafu towards the end when you beamed when most of us would grimace. I would pay a fortune to play with your freedom. I hide behind my hat and play stoney faced, never relaxed as i am so focused on what I am doing. Just love your ability to play with freedom.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh Toby, what kind words! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Mate, I’m beaming from ear to ear here, you’ve made my year! It’s funny because I really was so scared of coming on here and playing for you all. It was a real mental block. I did it though and look at that - you think I play with freedom! :grinning:

An actor once said to me how it’s so important to think about your relationship to the audience. When you go on stage, you must love them or hate them but never be ambivalent about them. Little did he know how handy that’s been for me as it’s something I think about every time I perform.

All I need to do now is try not to upstage the song with pulling faces and laughs. :laughing:

1 Like

Double disappointment for me, Liane. I hope you’ll join an OM far sooner than is implied in ‘someday’. And I enjoyed the laughing and faces. I know it was triggered by a mistake (that I totally missed) but it added something extra for me, in a good way. I hope you’ll continue to all your emotions and expressions of joy to show up on your face as you perform.

3 Likes

Absolutely, I think that it actually helps connect with the audience more and makes it more memorable.

2 Likes

Wow that was amazing, and for a first AVOYP post!! I’ll just add my applause to the rest of the crowd here :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Aw @DavidP @Socio & @Mari63 - you are the absolute best! Thank you for your kind words and the advice. You’ve given me more confidence to be “me” when I perform. Maybe you’re right about the laugh :wink:

4 Likes

Wonderful Buncey. And look at the joy. Justin needs to teach a module on how to play and SMILE at the same time. You have it in spades. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

What a great cover! Guitar and vocals were really superb! :star_struck:

You video was linked under a question which I asked, so I had to come here and congratulate for that performance!

2 Likes

@Richard_close2u , @nabri79 thank you so much for watching and your encouragement! So glad I faced my fear and came on here! What was I so scared of?!

4 Likes

Lovely voice, well done!

2 Likes

That’s a real infectious laugh you have there :rofl: Every bit of praise you’ve received is wholly deserved this was a treat to watch and listen to :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh damn I missed this one completely and thanks to a thread about a neck heavy guitar, where somebody was linking this video) I discovered it.

That was great!
Your flow is excellent and I love that little bit of vibrato when going higher in pitch.

If you ask me, you’re more than ready to perform in front of an audience!

3 Likes

How could I have missed it?
Liane-Rose, it’s a strikingly holistic performance, in which absolutely everything is fine.
And someone says that this is the first AVOYP :wink:
I look forward to the second, twenty-second, one hundred and twenty-second performances!
Leo

2 Likes

@RadekSiechowicz @Nancy15 @LievenDV & @crocodile1 - thank you so much for watching and for your kind words! :heart_eyes: You guys are the best! :star_struck:

1 Like

Wow. That was great, very dynamic. Not sure I believe you are not a regular performer!

1 Like