Hallelujah Fingerstyle - full cover

Hello Community! Hello @RoseRock! I just want to say thank you for each word of advice, praise and encouragment with which many of you commented my first Hallelujah video…they really motivated me to try, sing and cover the whole song :pray::blush:

As always any feedback is very appreciated, please don’t be afraid to hurt my feelings…I’m posting it just the way it is, with me not getting stuck at mistakes accepting the imperfections through the flow of emotion.

“I did my best, it wasn’t much”…but hopefully it will be enough :blush:

16 Likes

Silvia… where do I start… there is a lot to like with that post… firstly you not only took on the challenge to do the full song but to sing as well… playing fingerstyle and singing at the same time is not easy but you made it look effortless… you have a really good tone to your voice…. full of emotion which made it a pleasure to listen to…. finger picking a song of that length requires good finger strength so all that practice has been paying off… and good choice on using the G Barre Chord… one thing I would suggest on the section of the song where it goes F, G, E, Am, Am, F you could use fingers 2, 3 & 4 for minimum finger movement e.g. slide from the G chord up to the E chord just lifting up the barre, then move the chord shape down to get the Am. You should be very proud of yourself. Bravo.

1 Like

Great job, consistent picking and well timed and pitched singing!
Solid foundation to build upon; being able to do some finger picking AND singing => hours of song to play :smiley:

Have you tried a capo on, let’s say, fret 2?
That and a strap so you can stand up straight with 2 feet on the ground.

I’m pretty sure it will fit your range better and the better singing posture will give you more lungs and diaphragm to control, thus having to push less breath, easier high notes and more stability overall.

I think Dust In The Wind might be an interesting challenge for you.
A bit trickier than this but it looks like you are up to it!

2 Likes

Beautiful song beautifully sung and played. Superb Silvia. That was very nice listening! I hope you are very proud!

1 Like

Great Silvia, the stakes are raised the more verses you add :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice and clean all the way through, well done!

(More than enough)

1 Like

That was really great Sylvia. Singing and fingerstyle together is difficult. You added barre chords into the fingerstyle mix too. Well done!

I think you’re using a phone to record. I’d suggest positioning it higher up, level with the top of the soundhole of your guitar so that it ends up more or less equidistant from your mouth and the guitar. That will give you more volume and ‘bite’. I use a height adjustable music stand to position my phone.
You are of course a bit limited trying to get the video frame right along with the sound levels but with a bit of experimenting a phone does a good job.

I look forward to more from you.

1 Like

Silvia, what a delightful, laid back performance you’ve given here. Finger style sounded good and your vocal emotion could be seen as well as heard. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
Great performance, :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:…all good things have been said… Lieven’s tips seem great to try out…I look forward to more from you…
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your kind feedback, it really means a lot to know that my cover was a pleasure to listen to for you. I also appreciate your advice on minimum fingers movement as I think it’s one of my weakeness and I need to work on it. I am proud of myself and of how much I’ve improved as struggles and frustration had been my learning mates for a long time in the past.

1 Like

Hi and thank you very much for your feedback.

I’m having a little happy dance of joy at this, you know!:blush:

You’re giving a lot of good advice here, I think I’ll start with experimenting more with the capo, as I actually don’t do it for whatever reason I don’t know :see_no_evil: I also need to buy a strat as I’ve never tried to play standing up…maybe a bit later on. As for the suggested song I’ve forbiden to myself to try new songs until I’m confident with the ones I should already be supposed to know :roll_eyes::see_no_evil: So Hallelujah now goes to the “Confidently Played” Songs Folder :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, I am proud of myself :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind feedback, I really appreciate it! I :blush::pray:

Thanks a lot for the feedback and for the simple but precious recording tip, see if I can improve the quality of the sound :blush:

Thank you so much for your comment…when the day arrives when people appreciate your playing it’ s like…I feel so much lighter :blush::sweat_smile::innocent:

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts about this Rogier, it means a lot! :blush::pray:

1 Like

Silva, that was marvellous playing and singing. I thought you did an excellent job with the song and knowing how hard it is to fingerstyle and sing, well I’m well impressed.

1 Like

That was fabulous, Sylvia, most enjoyable.

Bravo and look forward to your next share.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your comment, I’m so happy that while I’m enjoying a lot playing my guitar at the moment, also other people enjoy my playing and singing :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

1 Like

Thanks David, I’m a bit overwhelmed with joy for all the wonderful words I’m reading in the comments and I’m at the same time a bit incredulous…is it really happening? I find much motivation now to “work” with more and more passion on what will be my next share. Thanks again❣

1 Like

Silvia,
Your best was better than good enough to me. A job well done on a great song. Probably safe to say the big guy up top is smiling right now with this one! Keep up the vibe and play on!
LB

1 Like