Hallelujah Fingerstyle

Lovely precise fingerstyle there Sylvia. Well done, you’re making terrific progress with the song.

1 Like

Thank you! :pray: I googled “cut myself slack” as I didn’t know the meaning and I smiled :blush:, I guess you’re right :joy:. I’m already doing strumming patterns while sleeping (they sound so much better than on the real guitar), now I’ll take your advice and also start singing…not sure husband will be happy though :joy:

Hi Silvia,

Really nice playing.
I’m no expert at all - so just sounded great to me.
Liked the humming as well.

Digger

1 Like

@sairfingers @Digger72
Thank you :pray::blush:

That sounded lovely to me, Silvia. I won’t give advice on fingerstyle as I’ve just started that style myself.

1 Like

That was lovely, Sylvia! Don’t be too hard to yourself, you’re doing great. One can see the joy of playing in your face, nice and gentle sound. I’m sure, you are on your way!

1 Like

Hi Sandy and thank you for your kind words. It’s now two years that I’m working on fingerstyle; for me the most challenging bit has been understanding how to move my fingers in order to avoid tension…and the metronome, learning to practice with it has also been difficult. Fingerstyle is wonderful…enjoy your journey.

1 Like

Hi Helen and thank you. No need to be hard on ourselves while learning the guitar, it would make things even more difficult, wouldn’t it? I’m quite happy with my short bits of songs, my skills have developed enough, I think, for me to be aiming now to get to whole songs. Insofar I’ve always focused on my mistakes, stop and understand how to fix them, and mistakes would pop up as mushrooms in autumn, but now I’m pretty confident I’m getting a lot of things right and I think I need to learn to just keep going through the occasional mistakes and build endurance, as it has been suggested. A long reply :see_no_evil:, but as I’m writing I’m also claryfying to my own self.

1 Like

Sylvia, you speak out, what I feel deep in my heart. I agree 100% with what you’re writing. Same thoughts, same issues. I’m struggling too with playing a whole song through without any mistake, there is always something that wasn’t perfect. BUT: I think, this is quite normal and we shouldn’t be our sharpest judges. I like the way you handle everything. Playing guitar is therapy, isn’t it?

1 Like

@Helen0609 my heart felt thank you Helen, your words give me strenght to be determined…from now on I’ll push to get to the end of each song, and think how to work on mistakes or improvements only when the song will be finished. Playing is theraphy for me as well, and I’m very happy I’m now able to enjoy it. Have a good day and a good practice session :blush:

1 Like

Hi,
Nicely done! Enjoyed it… Though I think to me it looks like you want to join in singing? Why not? Be prepared for another challenge though!

Keep up the good vibe and all the best!
LB

1 Like

@LBro Hi and thank you for your comment. I must confess: I feel unable to only play without some singing or humming, sometimes it’s more accurate sometimes it’s not but I always need some melody :blush:

Silva, that was wonderful.

Some great advice from others and I’m sure you’ll have the full song sorted in no time and I cannot wait to hear. it.

1 Like

@SgtColon Thank you! I’ll try my best and I’m getting into the idea that it’ll be enough :blush:

1 Like

It looks like you got a great handle on your hand shapes and switching from chord to chord. :smiley:

1 Like

Very nice and a really enjoyable listen/watch for me. One verse and chorus sounds great but leaves wanting more. Well done.

1 Like

@oldhead49 Thank you… I’m really inspired to learn to play it all after all the good feedback here! :blush:

Hi and thank you for your comment. Yes I think I developed a good mussle memory for the chord shapes…the more you play the more it happens just on its own :blush:

1 Like

I think you can change the “learn to play” to “practice playing” in that sentence as you nailed the first verse and chorus and as @jkahn says its just the same progression repeated a few times.

1 Like

Wonderfully played, Silvia. You played it with so much feeling. I really enjoyed listening :hugs:.

1 Like