Hallelujah Fingerstyle

Hello Sylvia. I think your performance was very enjoyable. You say you have started back since 2020? If so, I think you are progressing quickly and doing so well. You will improve even more so don’t be too hard on yourself. I really love this song.

1 Like

You’re right, “practicing playing” better describes what I’m doing. Words are important, thank you :blush:

This is such a great compliment! :open_mouth::blush::heart_eyes: I’ve always been a bit frustrated that I wasn’t able to bring my feeling into the guitar playing, but along the way it happens :sweat_smile: Thanks for your words…so good to hear!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, it’s much appreciated. I restarted in 2020, but the only good thing I kept from my teens attempt is mussel memory for the chords, but also there I often find my self correcting bad habits :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile::blush:

A lovely rendition Silvia :blush:

1 Like

@liaty Thank you !:pray::blush:

it seems perfect to my ear. however, I agree playing and singing is another level. Have you tried the method justin’s recommends for learning to play and sing a song? (I couldn’t find the link soz)

It is all about dividing into chunks and listening the song a lot. First the chord progression until it is automatic , the rhythm, then simplify the rhythm (can be one strumming per bar) and sing over. and finally the whole pice. It helps analyzing the lyrics and writing when the chord changes happens too.

To this progression i added playing the rhythm with the record before moving to singing.

Hope it helps, but just keep trying and you’ll get it :+1:

1 Like

Thank you…very good advices here!

1 Like