Hallelujah, Written by Leonard Cohen, Performed by Bon Jovi-Live - Cover by LBro

Hi Pam,
Finally getting a little time to reply to some of posts in this thread. Thanks on the comments. I think the violin added something and was certainly there in the original. Though theirs sounded kind of strange. I think they used an electric violin. @DavidP assisted on the mix by listening and offering some advice.

Have a great Christmas and holidays!
LB

1 Like

Hi Kasper,
Thanks on the guitar and drums “fit”. On the singing we get 2 flavors from me and a lot in between. There are covers and they should sound much more natural and flow better. Then there are my originals. I am working on the vox there to make it flow better and be more naturally spoken. Call it conversational. Easier said than done though and a real challenge for me. Just know I am working on it!

All the best mate and have a nice Christmas!
LB

Thanks for the comments Sarge!

I always bounce my mixes off another set of ears and some of the normal ears were not available. So @DavidP helped out on this one.

The goats! How dare they steal my thunder! If you liked what you saw there, you should sample what is made from their milk! Just down right awesome!

You take good care!
LB

1 Like

Hi Mike,
Yes, I agree - this song was not easy. I have never saw someone be singing a song at say A3, jump up to A4 for a note, maybe 2 and boom, is back sown at A3. I had a very tough time with that. Bon Jovi is the many on this one! I never liked him much, but after seeing what he did on this song, my hat is off to him! The song is actually about a minute longer at over 6 mins. I chopped off about 1 minute of Hallelujahs as it was too long and repetitive. It also had the most difficult singing parts there. So you could say I was saved by the fade! LOL

You take good care and be well Mike,
LB

Love that song and your rendition. Goats are a nice touch :slightly_smiling_face:

I work midi over for keys a lot. Not much of a keyboard player, though I have 2 of them. But not sure you are getting my drift on “keyswitches”. Then are often down in the 1st octave range in midi. They are cool in that they allow you to change modes of the instrument from the midi itself. So if for instance you want triplets, you might fire A1 in midi. B1 might be staccato and so forth. These things allow you to mimic an instrument much closer than if you do not have keyswitches.

Take good care and thanks for the scoop on the sim!
LB

1 Like

Hey Brother,
I had a listen to this soon after it ‘dropped’ but got distracted before getting around to commenting :slightly_frowning_face:
Well, t’s all been said above. This is the standard we’ve come to expect from you by now.
The vocals continue to improve with your focus.
The strings were full and ‘juicy’
Smiled to see @DavidP namechecked in the credits.

Goats? Hmm… subtle reference to G.O.A.T. ? :wink: :rofl:
(Or maybe you just like goats, in which case you might enjoy the perfect picnic from my childhood :laughing:)

Hey Jason,
Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Glad you liked it.

All the best,
LB

Lucky? Hardly mate. The wife is always dragging me around to places far and near. But when it is Hawaii, then I am all in! Glad this one did it for ya and thanks for the comments on the production. I really appreciate it as you are a great reference there!

All the best and keep on rock’n,
LB

Hi Jay,
Pleased this tickled you fancy mate! Goats are boss!

All the best and be well,
LB

Hi Brian,
I hit my own standard? Hum, I have to think about that one. Them vocals were tough on this one. I indeed was focusing intently. With my ears, I always pass a mix to better ears and get assistance on it.

Goats are all. You loved them, but are afraid to admit it… LOL - JK
You uh, goat trip was one I might pass on! LOL

All the best to you!
LB

Solid production as always. Dig the strings. I think this key is spot on for your vocals as well. Stacking up some nice tracks sir!

That was awesome! Solid performance and loved the video!! Hope all is well LBro! :slight_smile:

Hey CT,
Boy, not sure about this being “my key”. It was tough to sing as Bon Jovi covers a lot of range! Glad it met your approval!

All the best to you these festive holidays!
LB

Hi Byron,
Good to hear you liked this one. All is good here, just busy is all…

Be well and happy holidays to you!
LB

Congratulations on completing the project! Covering a song can indeed turn into a more intricate endeavor than initially expected, but the end result is what matters most. Your decision to make it your own and tailor it to your style is commendable. It’s understandable that finding the perfect violin sound can be a challenge, but your effort and dedication shine through.

Hi Bridget, (I hope I have that right?)
To be honest, I had to do this one as a “make it your own” cover. Bon Jovi has a lot of range that I simply could not cover… There were other factors involved as well.

Thanks so much for the comment “but your effort and dedication shine through”! That means a lot and I am glad you felt that way.

Be well and take good care!
LB

Blimey that was a huge bump to get you back in the spotlight again. I’d almost forgotten this one. But in reflection you could have got by without mentioning BJB ! :rofl:

Hah!
Hope you are well Toby. 2 things on this one:

• I nearly forgot about this one myself. I was surprised when it was “found”.
  • Not a f-fa-fan of BJB as you call him? Actually I am not and never was. But oh, his followers are now after you mate… watch out!
    :upside_down_face:
    LB
1 Like

I am with Denis Leary when it comes to JBJ aka BJB :rofl: and SRV and the helicopter quote. But heck that’s from way back. Now that’s got me thinking was it Hicks or was it Leary ? Sure it was Denis. :rofl:

Oh yeah let them come :scream: :rofl: