Harvest Moon - Neil Young Cover

Was looking forward to this but it would appear I would need an Instagram account. By the comments, I would imagine it was quite good. Keep recording sir. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! I’m afraid you’d be disappointed if you watched it. If you really want, I can provide another link for you!!

Bravo, Adaltro, let’s celebrate a memorable first AVOYP share. You did a fine job playing the song, steady rhythm and the embellishments, not the simplest song to pick for a first share. Well done. I look forward to more.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner go back and try the link in the OP again as I’ve just enjoyed it and don’t have an instagram account. The screen presents Instagram Log In or Sign Up buttons.

1 Like

And that’s when I took one hooooge step back ! I’ll take a look DP. :sunglasses:

1 Like

As well as the video, without me needing to login … sorry, should’ve been more explicit there

2 Likes

David

This is all get and no option to see or play the video. :cry:

1 Like

Hello, David! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I’ll certainly prepare a new video, but it may take a while…

1 Like

Hello, Sir!! I’m happy you’d like to watch the video. I’ll save it on the cloud and post a link here as soon as I get home!

1 Like

Hello, @TheMadman_tobyjenner and everybody else who’d like to watch the video and for some reason hasn’t been able to: here’s a new link. It’s the same song but without the cuts before and after the song…
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AildesMIugueh4capMLXxdDddQ0Vkw?e=aGmnHB

Thanks again for all the nice words! You really make people feel welcome!

1 Like

Many thanks Adaltro for posting an alternative link, it was worth waiting for.

I am not the worlds biggest NY fan (don’t tell @DavidP ) but there are a few songs that draw me in and this has always been one of them. Thought you played it really well. Timing, strumming and chord changes all on point and considering you were singing as well, that is pretty darn good.

I had a quick look at your profile “story” as I could not find an introduction. It paints a familiar picture of many here who started years ago, only to give up (sometimes many times!). So its great that you have started learning and playing again, you could not be in a better place.

Great AOVYP debut ! Welcome to the Community. :wave:

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

:rofl:
@TheMadman_tobyjenner Of course you didn’t need to signpost that for me to spot your comment and take note. By the way, we’ll not share that with Justin who also is a big fan :laughing: I imagine if one knew the few songs that draw you in one kind find many more but he does cover more territory than most in his recorded catalog. For example, Mirrorball is an interesting album that he recorded with Pearl Jam (minus Eddie Vedder) as the backing band.

Interesting that you got that login screen on the original link. I was served this. Were you on a PC? I got this on Windows and Chrome.

Back to appreciation of your recording, Adaltro!

1 Like

David I guess I should really keep my mind and ears open where Neil is concerned. I am sure I would find more to my taste if I dug deeper into his back catalogue. And yes I was using Windows and chrome but certainly didn’t get that screen. Maybe an extension was blocking visibility hey ho

2 Likes

I’m glad you liked it and thanks for the kind words!
I’ve grown to become a huge fan of NY. It’s funny that sometimes it takes a little time to appreciate some of his songs. Other ones, on the other hand, are “love at first listen”.
What I most like about him - besides his brilliant and unique way of playing the acoustic guitar - is the passion and calm he passes on while singing. If you really allow yourself to, you forget everything around you when you’re listening and watching him play.
And I do agree this is the best place to be to learn to play and everything related to playing the guitar.
Cheers!!

2 Likes