Have You Ever Seen The Rain - CCR

Despite my best intentions July kind of disappeared for me in terms of recordings! Getting back into the swing with a testament to Justin’s module 15 Spotify playlist. I’m sure I must have heard this in the past but it never stuck with me, but then hearing it again via the playlist I was instantly hooked. That was a few days ago and I’ve been playing it a fair bit since, resulting in this :slight_smile:

Super fun song to play and I’d highly recommend checking it out if you havent already. Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Great song and very enjoyable cover, Mark! I think it was in the old Forum that someone gathered together all the different covers of this song, lots of members have definitely played this one. I really liked the percussive strumming bits you did, sounds cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Mark, congrats on this very enjoyable rendition :+1::clap::smiley:!
Your playing and singing was very relaxed, and it was obvious that you like this song :blush:.

I have this song on my ‘Want to be able to play-list’. As soon as my chord changes to F are fast enough, I’ll give it a try :star_struck:.

Thanks for sharing, Mark :hugs:.

1 Like

Hey mate, that was really good Mark. Like @Mari63 I really liked the percussive hits. Something that I really need to work on at some point. I think this is like another right of passage song in the community and you delivered a great rendition :clap:

2 Likes

Terrific effort Mark, very enjoyable well done :clap:

1 Like

Superb Mark. Great song really well played and sung!!! Really good cover.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

that was a most enjoyable listen! Very well done! :clap: :smiley:

Got that one under your fingers quite quick and those percussive hits sounded great, really got the CCR-vibes. Lovely vocal performance on top. So all in all an amazing rendition, I really like it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@Socio @Mari63 Thank you both for checking this out. Somehow I’ve missed the rite of passage status of this! Inadvertently ticked it off, Hurt will have to be soon then :joy::wink:. I spent so much time on percussive hits through the months of battling with Macy’s Day Parade they must have stuck, I haven’t used them in a while and they felt decent.

@NicoleKKB I will look forward to your cover! The F changes aren’t the hardest as it’s only from C and Am so depending on how high up your list this is those are the ones to focus on :+1:. Thanks for you lovely comments :grin:

@Eddie_09 @MadModMcd Thanks so much guys, had a lot of fun with this one and I’ll be playing it more!

5 Likes

Creedence, this is an all time classic that never gets old. So fun to play. Nice one Mark.

1 Like

Most enjoyable rendition, Mark. You got the groove and vibe down, that percussive hit, and easy on the ear vocal.

For more CCR fun, perhaps give Proud Mary I shot (maybe I should try HYESTR)

Keep on rocking and rolling!

1 Like

That’s great Mark, looked like fun and sounded fun. Really good cover IMHO :+1:

1 Like

Great stuff Mark. That was a super version of a classic song. The percussive hits really made the song and gave it the groove. Excellent vocal too. Well done.

1 Like

I’d love to see this David!! :+1:

1 Like

Hi Mark,
Nice playing and singing :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
If I ever feel the need to walk the long path of singing something less out of tune, this song is high on my wish list :sunglasses:
Greetings…

1 Like

Mark this is one of my old favourites! Your rendition is most enjoyable, both the vocals and the guitar…your right hand technique to my eyes is :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Congrats! :clap::clap::clap:
I attempted it a few times already, but when the same chord is repeated for many bars I get lost…:thinking: maybe I should try it again as I feel my skills have developed a bit in that respect…now I already had plans for next couple of weeks practice and you’ll be responsable for messing them up! :joy::wink:…just a little try won’t harm, right? :innocent::blush:

1 Like

No not at all Silvia, just like a box of chocolates or tube of Pringles (or “just” one glass of wine) I’m sure you’ll be able to stop after a little try :slight_smile: :wink:

So a couple of weeks for your own cover then? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Awesome job Mark, always love this song. Guess I will have to learn it.

Adrien

1 Like

That was great fun, Mark! Love a bit of CCR and that hit the spot. Good fluid rendition, both playing and singing, well done! Looks like a blast to play, definitely a crowd-pleaser :wink: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil: why do you say “or”? :rofl:

…months :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Nice work, I really enjoyed the groove of your version of this. Well done!

1 Like