Have you named your guitar(s) yet?

I get a lot of pleasure from naming my guitars. My daily play is named: Racklesnatch. My custom built guitar is named: Lucky. My carbon fibre travel guitar is: Frodo. My silent guitar is: Charlie, my scrap-o-caster is: Road Kill.

5 Likes

All my guitars came with names. Gibson, Fender, Ovation and
Epiphone. The ones I have more than one I call them by the model.

Never see the point of naming inanimate objects they never come
when you call them. :grinning:

8 Likes

Guilty of naming some of mine. They sit beside the desk in the study, so no need to round them up. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nope it’s just electric and acoustic for me :grinning: if I buy Les Paul one day it will be electric, acoustic and les paul :rofl:

2 Likes

Most everyone names their cats. How often do they come when you call them :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m interested in their names and how you came about the names

Mostly “that bl dy thing” occasionally “it’s got to go” but when I’m on a winner “my baby”.
As regards humanlike names - nope definitely not, just a personal preference :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Tony
Here goes …

“Cherry”
Gibson LP Studio aka Hangman’s Jury after its neck got broke !

“Black Angus”
Gibson SG

“Smokey”
Gibson LP Studio aka Smokey coz I thought Cherry was a gonna !!

Gibson LP Double Album

MiM Strat Roadhouse Deluxe aka “El Bucho” the Mexican

“The Pimp” Affinity with HSH Iron Gear Pups

Imgur

“Henry” - Fender T-Bucket
Imgur

Swietenia Washburn HB32 latin for mahogany
Imgur

Sunny Washburn HB30 Sunburst

Imgur

My ancient Encore acoustic “One More Time”

Imgur

7 Likes

I don’t see Henry here… :thinking:

images.jpeg

5 Likes

One of Henry Ford’s famous quotes about the Model T was, “Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants, so long as it is black .” Bit of a stretch but works for me !

@TheMadman_tobyjenner That’s awesome, thanks. There should be an option to LOVE a post.

This one is “Lucky”. There’s now a purple shamrock on the headstock. After surviving cancer nearly 10 years ago, I’m lucky to be alive. I’m lucky to be part of this community, I’m lucky to know how to play lucky… Just plain freaking lucky

13 Likes

I’ve never felt the need to name my guitars beyond “acoustic” and “electric”. Not through any prejudice against naming inanimate objects, though; I have named my motorbike “Silver Machine II” because I’m a massive Hawkwind fan, it’s silver, has electric lights, and flies sideways through time :smile: (and it’s the second one of that model I’ve had, purchased after the original Silver Machine flew sideways down the road :grimacing:)

4 Likes

Do you have a picture? Which reminds me I owe @TheMadman_tobyjenner Toby a picture of me on my motorbike from the 70s…

Assume the brace position.

8 Likes

That’s cool Tony, dig the crash helmet :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Ah, the days of no helmet laws in California. That bike was bought by me as a basket case for something like $100, we unloaded it in various milk baskets and I rebuilt it completely as seen above, ended up selling it a couple of years later for something like $800. Many good times on that bike in and around the Los Angeles area. It’s a 1968 Honda 450, 4 speed, bored out to 485cc.

4 Likes

Yeah I though it was a late 60s CB, just missed the lid free days as a rider in the UK which changed in 71 if I recall, just when I hit 16 and could ride legally.

Yep, I name my toys. Once I have more than two of something the names come forth. Guitar names:
Blondie
Blue
Alika
The Kid
You can see pics in my Learning Log.

Back in the day I actually ran a motorcycle repair shop out of my garage. I specialized in British Iron because I always like the styling and in the '80s there were no British dealers left around here. Of the many bikes I owned and worked on, my favorite was a '75 Triumph T160 triple. I also taught motorcycle safety courses for a number of years.

2 Likes

That pic is full of awesome.

1 Like

I guess someone needed to be around to stop them shipping oil. Hope you enjoyed the Trident :sunglasses:

Except for the Enfields (oilfields) none of my bikes dripped oil after I worked on them. Quality gaskets and silicone go a long way. Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the Trident. :motorcycle:

1 Like