Hearts revisited

This time there are two guitar tracks, both playing the same chords and one vocal track. There’s minimal fx and I haven’t taken the breaths out, or done much editing. I put time into improving the rhythm and developing more expressive vocal tones and textures. I’m pleased that my guitars tracks were mostly in sync with each other and the click and that the barre chords have improved.

I played around with harmonies for one verse of chorus because I love singing harmonies, but didn’t want to spend any more time on the song.

7 Likes

Wow Maggie, that was really good! Textures and vocal tones for sure. Love the guitar rhythm you’ve got going on there, it’s quite a noticeable evolution from the last one. Really makes the music shine.

The second recording was surreal, for some reason I imagined a few Maggies standing there all singing into the same microphone, like a cloning operation :smiley:. Sounded good, however I preferred the first one.

1 Like

That was really good Maggie, a pure theatrical performance which you definitely have a strong grip on. Really enjoyable song you got there and I am really in full admiration of sound quality here, great job!

1 Like

Ooo nice, I was just thinking today that I hadn’t heard a peep out of you for a while and this appears! You must be psychic :joy:.
I liked the double tracking very much!

1 Like

Hi Maggie. My opinion. I didn’t like either of these versions. I especially didn’t like the multitrack harmony. I preferred the original version. Sorry. :smiley:

1 Like

That was awesome batwoman! So how do you go about recording that was sweet!

1 Like

@jkahn thanks JK, I especially appreciate your comment about the rhythm. Haha cloned Maggies. :crazy_face: I agree, harmonies don’t belong in this song. It’s not a fancy song.

@adi_mrok thankyou Adrian, it’s a simple mix and I think that suits the song.

@DarrellW I haven’t been around much Darrell, lost mojo, health stuff, dying and now dead mother. Thanks for listening, you might need to buy a crystal ball and set up a stall at a local market :mage:

@sairfingers thanks for your encouragement Gordon.

@Bytron08 thankyou for the listen and comment. Hey are you Bytron or Byron?

1 Like

Hi Maggie,
This song always brings a huge grin on my face… this version can easily be played in any theater (cabaret stage(?)/we call :kleinkunst podium) Lieven also wrote something about this and no idea if the rest of the world does know something like this , but is a big compliment anyway)… :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet: :sunglasses: :clap:,

And I also love the harmony thing (to short :smiling_face: ) and what a nice comparison from JK about several Maggie who are singing there :joy:
Kind regards and it’s great that you’ve been busy with this, thanks… :sunflower: :butterfly:

1 Like

either or lol

1 Like

I enjoyed listening to this so much. I could envision an animation of all the various hearts. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I was thinking before you had an end verse where you decided to keep your own heart. Did I just imagine that?

Anyway, well done and so happy to hear you. I’ve missed you.

p.s. Sorry for your recent troubles and sympathies on the loss of your mom.

1 Like

@roger_holland I’m glad my song made you smile. It’s going to be an OM song for sure. I think one Maggie is enough :grin:

@pkboo3 what a good memory you have Pam. Yes the story that this song came from had me writing new contract for my heart, and valuing her a whole lot better than I had been. Thankyou for your kind words too.

1 Like

This was brilliant Maggie!
For some reason I had ‘Play School’ flashbacks when you completely stopped strumming to do the spoken parts in the early section of the song. I think that used to be the formula for songs on kiddies shows back then, or maybe I’m just imagining stuff haha.
But yeah, your entire song was great… really enjoyable.

1 Like

@Dro_1 I think you’re right Sandro about the playschool formula. When I play the song live I strum a few chords during the spoken bits. Thankyou for your comment, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I dig all your explorations of this highly personal song. You are one of a kind in the best of all ways!

So sorry to hear this. Take care of you and we will be here whenever you want to do your musical thing. All the best to you!

2 Likes

@CT I was thinking about you yesterday and ta da, here you are. Thankyou for your special brand of Clint wisdom and kindness. Your comments hit the mark and brought tears to my eyes.

I do hope your music is pleasing you, your garden flourishing and that life is good for you.

1 Like

I’m still around, but less active on this and other forums. Just spread pretty thin. Life is good, but time is a tight squeeze. I’m learning to do what I can when I can or when I want to do things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent stuff Maggie. I’ve not heard the song before but have you been look through Mr Larsen’s record collection? :smiley:

Great playing and lovely vocals. I really enjoyed the multivocal of the second track. I felt it really added something.

1 Like

Maggie, that’s some good performance you posted. Glad to see you back in the groove.
The first one for me, but I did enjoy the harmonies.

1 Like

@SgtColon the first version had lots of timing owies. Thankyou so very much for your comments, I feel encouraged. I’m hoping to play this song for an OM I’m aiming for next Thursday. :crossed_fingers:

@oldhead49 Thankyou Dave, I’m slowly picking up where I left off a few months ago. Got a lot of ground to recover. I appreciate your comment.

1 Like

Hi Maggie…
:crossed_fingers:. :pray: :raised_hands: :8ball::magic_wand:… that there is a place , or for the organization of the Om, well :sweat::japanese_ogre: :boom: :bomb: :tiger:
It should be fine, with a sleeping bag in front of the door :roll_eyes: :grin:

I wish you a great evening, you deserve it like no other as far as I know… :gift_heart:
Greetings,…

1 Like