Hello all

Hello community members,

My name is Paul, from the south of Wales in the United Kingdom. I am just setting out on my guitar journey.

When I was a small child I always remember my Grandad playing the organ an (old now) Yamaha that my mum still has. It weighs a ton. I used to be amazed that he could sit at the organ and play and family and friends would watch him and enjoy the music he played. Sadly he died at a young age when I was also very young. But, I guess It is because of my Grandad I am starting this journey, and I hope to do my Grandad justice. Who knows, maybe we will get to play together one day!

I have recently purchased Justins app and progressing along quite nicely. I did have the intention of learning guitar going back sixteen or seventeen years ago (and have Justins song book and DVD from back then to prove it :wink: However, two babies came along and work increased so that sadly put pay to that at the time.

It is great I now have the time to do something that has always interested me. Over the last couple of weeks I have realised how much I truly enjoy learning the guitar. I know it takes a long time but I am committed to learn as much as I can and strive to be as good as I possibly can.

Best Regards,
Paul

7 Likes

Hello Paul and welcome.

Great you are here and you will find much encouragement on your journey, enjoy your time. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Paul,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

welcome

1 Like

Welcome Paul, that ability to play something for others to enjoy, but above all yourself, is absolutely priceless. Good luck and enjoy!!

1 Like

:wave: Welcome to the group Paul.

R.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Paul

1 Like

Hello Paul & welcome aboard!!!
My advice to “newbies” is to put your guitar on a stand or hang it in a wall… I pick mine up & play for 5-10 minutes while my morning coffee is brewing!!! Makes a big difference when you don’t have to get the case, open it & put it back away after…
Good luck! We’re all wishing you success!!!

Tod

2 Likes

Hey Paul, welcome to the community. My story is similar to yours, tried to learn 30 years ago when I had young kids and it just didn’t stick. A bit over 10 years ago I tried again and am so glad I stuck with it as the reward is just wonderful. Hang in there, the first month or two can be a challenge but you’ll very soon make recognizable and enjoyable progress. You are on your way!

1 Like

Welcome, Paul!

1 Like

Hi Paul
Nice to meet you and welcome! :smiling_face:

This is great advice! I always have my guitar out and easily accessible too. All those 5-10 minutes add up :smiley:
And you’re definitely in the right place for learning with JustinGuitar and with this community of supportive people who also share your love of guitar :sunflower:

1 Like

Hi Paul, welcome to the community forum. I had the Justin beginner book and DVD many years ago and finally came back more determined just like you less than 2 years ago. The app and website are a great way to learn and there is a lot of help in the community. Have fun learning songs.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Paul! It truly is a very helpful and supportive place to learn and enjoy.

1 Like

Welcome Paul, good offerings above, especially trying to keep your guitar “in plain sight” .

Focus on the fun … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Malz for the warm welcome :+1:

Hi Rogier. Many thanks for the welcome :+1:

Thank you MacOneill :+1:

Hi Notter,

I am looking forward to being able to play at a relatively good level. I have a few ambitious songs I am aiming to be able to play in the future. At the moment things are progressing quite nicely and I have surprised myself how it’s going for a man in his early 50’s :joy:

Thank you so much Libitina :+1:

Thanks for the welcome stitch :+1: