Hello everyone from John, an American in Japan

I am an American currently living in Japan. I am in my 40s and just started learning the guitar a few months ago. I used another resource until now, but am changing over to JustinGuitar after seeing people speak so highly of it on reddit. I have some music in my background from when I was a child with piano and trumpet, but have not much as an adult. I only did a bit of piano now and again. I never really excelled to professional levels in anything or achieve a level I am happy with. I hope it changes with the guitar, which I really enjoy. Hope everyone has success with their guitar.

8 Likes

Hey, welcome to the community. I was originally born in America and migrated to Australia in my early 20s, some 41+ years ago. I’ve been playing for 10 years and much of my start was thanks to JustinGuitar. So as you can imagine I’m a big fan. It’s such fun playing guitar, keep at it and keep having fun.

3 Likes

Hello John. Welcome to the community. It’s good to know that Justin gets enough love on Reddit to motivate you to seek out his website and lessons. You’ve come to a good place. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum John.

Welcome John. Justins course is the right one to learn.

Hello and welcome to the community John. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your journey, you have joined the right path.

Welcome! This is a good place to get going!

Interesting that there are two new introductions from Japan the same day.

Did you see this thread?

At the very least, encouraging to see someone who has really progressed with the JustinGuitar courses.

Welcome John, I think you will find this to be a supportive community!

Hi John
Nice to meet another musical foreigner living in Japan. I hope you can achieve your musical goals, though I suspect they’ll keep changing as you progress.

Good luck,
Nick

Hi John, welcome. Numerous reasons why Justin Guitar succeed where other guitar learning resources do not. At some point you will get that pro level you are aiming for but meanwhile you will be able to have fun playing songs according to your skill level.

1 Like

Hello John, and thanks for your introduction. I’m also a beginner in in my fourties. I think, it’s a good age to start this journey (as any other age would have been as well :wink:).
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend. Nice to have you in this community :hugs:.

2 Likes

Welcome John or I should say konnichiwa. I suggest to take each lesson one step at a time. Justin is an excellent teacher and you will get there. I like that you are taking the step towards learning guitar after 40. Theres nothing wrong with that. I’ve been doing Justin’s lessons for a couple years now and have made great progress. Enjoy the journey.

Jeff from California

2 Likes

Welcome John and good luck with your guitar journey :smiley:

I don’t eat sushi, I’ll have a burger please
I love my v8 powered van
Of course I know that everything is better topped with cheese
I’m an American in Japan

…or at least that is what I imagine Sting would make of it :smiley:

Welcome!

2 Likes