Hello from Kane in Hereford UK

Hello to all you good folk out there, Kane here from Hereford UK. I’ve finally got around to taking up the guitar for real now, Ive always had a guitar in the house for many years (about 20 I think) and have threatened to learn it properly but with family and a career I’ve found it very difficult to give the time to learn properly, but now with four years away from retiring I’m looking ahead and wanting to fulfill my life times ambition to become a Rock Star, well good enough to play live, this is my retirement plan anyway. I have found Justin to be very informative and easy to learn from giving proper structure to my learning and is much better than trawling through You Tube. I’ve just started the Intermediate level and have recently purchased the Practical Music Theory course which I cant wait to get stuck into.

14 Likes

Welcome to the forum Kane

2 Likes

Hi Kane,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

And you can wear this with pride :grin:
Retirement Plan
Greetings ,Rogier

2 Likes

Many thanks Stitch.

1 Like

Many thanks Roger and yeah I must get one of those.

1 Like

:wave:

R.

2 Likes

Hello back Rachel

1 Like

Welcome Kane. Quite some ambition there wanting to play live. Is that in a band context or solo?

1 Like

Welcome, @KaneSuma !!!

2 Likes

Hello Rory, yeah its something that I’ve always wanted to do is to play live like the many guitarists I admire, solo mainly but if I could get a band together then why not but its definitely a daunting thought either way, just thinking of learning, enjoying and then see what comes about.

3 Likes

Many thanks.

2 Likes

Hey Kane, welcome to the forum, your story is similar to mine, I started playing about 8 years before I retired and it’s been so worth the effort, Once I got my first song going (thanks to Justin), I was off. And it’s been a great ride. Did my 91st open mic last night, with two other musicians, we only got the idea earlier in the day and rehearsed the songs a few times, fun fun fun. Enjoy the journey.

2 Likes

Hey many thanks Tony. 91 open mics!!! that’s good going, I know it has to be done but I’m dreading my first, not quite confident enough yet.

2 Likes

Welcome Kane, isn’t it just crazy how life just screws up the plans of so many rock stars!?? :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi Kane, great to see you in here. I’m retired and just started out. I’m in Derbyshire, enjoy the ride and have lots of fun

2 Likes

A good first step is the Community virtual open mic here …

2 Likes

You’ll get there. I learn lots from my open mics, the first one was definitely an eye opener. Choose a venue where you can tell the crowd is supportive.

2 Likes

Hi Kane from another late starting wannabe rock star from the UK. I have been playing for 3 years loosely following Justin’s beginner course but I am currently still on the beginner stage of the course about to start grade 3 as I have been spending most of my time trying to learn songs rather than progressing through the modules of the course but I trying to get back to doing just that now. By the way I am from Norfolk but visit your area 3 times a year to visit my wife’s family in the Forest of Dean where I am right now as I type this.

Have fun and enjoy the course and the community

2 Likes

Welcome :wave:

2 Likes

Hello Kane, welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

2 Likes