Hello from Kurt, an old dog from south west USA

Intro - I’m Kurt, 57.5 years old, I own up to that “.5” :grin: and I live in the southwest US. I’ve been doing well with Justin’s program and the help of the JG community. I’m working on the last two modules of beginner level 1 and looking forward to level 2 soon. I treated myself to a “Happy Christmas to me” gift that is the sweetest instrument I’ve ever played. Here’s a photo of my Martin 000-15M. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Hiya Kurt and welcome to the dog house. That’s a sweet looking Martin sir !
:sunglasses:

Hi Kurt ,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses: and a lot of time together with that beauty :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Hello Kurt and welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

Nice looking Martin.

Hello Kurt and welcome here! Beautiful guitar, I guess it’s amazing to play too…there’s something about that Martin sound… :slightly_smiling_face:. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing Kurt ! Beautiful guitar ! Inspiring !

Welcome Kurt, that’s a nice looking guitar you have.

Welcome aboard, Kurt! :smiley:

What a beautiful and nice little gift you made yourself! Hope you’ll have loads of hours of fun and enjoyment together!

All the best for your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

Cheers - Lisa

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Definitely enjoying the Martin, it has a wonderful warm, sweet tone.

Welcome, Kurt. Very, very nice guitar!

Hi Rebecca! A fellow Michigander, excellent! Go Big Blue vs Washington?

1 Like

Hi Kurt, welcome to the community forum. That is a nice looking guitar. There are some acoustic blues lessons in Grade 2 that I think will sound especially good on that guitar.

Steve - that’s great to hear as blues playing is one of my interests and was a reason for buying that guitar, although it sounds great for everything so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for stopping to say hello. I absolutely love my Martin guitar and you’ll see it in many of my videos here. It feels like your fingers glide up and down the fretboard while playing. I’ve been playing about 3 years now and thanks to Justin’s course my confidence is at its highest. My advice is to take it a day at a time or even an hour at a time. There’s no rush as long as you pause to enjoy the small victories.

Take care

Jeff from San Diego CA

Thank you, Jeff, that’s good advice to not be in a rush. In the excitement of learning, it’s invigorating to push forward but it’s good for me to not get ahead of my skill set.

Cool, Kurt. I am not a native, married one. He is a Spartan but pretty much hates sports so, kind of weird. :sweat_smile:

ETA: However, of the 4 states I have lived in, Michigan is by far my favorite.

Sweeeeeet Martin, Kurt!
Love that 000 body size, so comfortable to play!
Enjoy & when you work up to it, an AVOYP would be cool!

Tod

It’s been really interesting how things have come together lately. I previously struggled and fought with the guitar for years. But now things are coming together and I’m making progress and most importantly I’m really enjoying it. Justin’s program is exactly what I needed with how it’s structured and progressive, skills building on each other. It’s truly the best program I’ve encountered.

1 Like

Hello Kurt. Lovely Martin you have. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

2 Likes

Thank you, Richard.