Hello from Romania

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all!

My name is Claudia, I am 30 years old and I’ve been playing the guitar on and off since 2020.

My beginner guitar was a Yamaha F310. Now I own a Taylor GS Mini and I love it, since the size it’s
Perfect for me and it’s indeed an important step ahead in my guitar journey.

Now I am getting serious with playing and with the practice session and my main wish would be to have my very own Youtube channel where I can post acoustic guitar covers.
I am currently learning between 2h-4h a day, with the Pomodoro method - 50 mins of learning and 10 mins of break. During these hours, I lean chords, practice songs and train my ear, to name a few. Still need to figure out the perfect practice and learning sessions lol.

I’ve always liked the guitar, but somehow thought that I am too old to learn how to play this beautiful instrument. Looks like I was wrong and you are never too old to do what your heart desires.

I finally decided to learn the guitar after a difficult heartbroken experience, when I realized that deep inside I am an artist and I just love music.
During the happiest times of my life and also during the hardest, music was always there for me.

For me, playing the guitar is therapy, besides my love for music. It makes me feel happy, confident and finally at peace with my artist heart.

One of the greatest moments in my guitar journey until now is that sometimes when learning new chords, I feel that I hear them in a certain song, I search for the tab online and then I see that I was right.

Thank you for reading my post! I will be active on this community from now on, since I have a huge respect for Justin and his work!
I might also post some songs that I learn, in order to receive feedback from you :slight_smile:

Thank you once again and happy playing!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharign your story and most of all: WELCOME!
I think your testimony resonates with many here and you are right; music will always be there for us.

Hope you learn a lot!

1 Like

I can very much relate to what you say about music always being there for me. Good luck with your channel and welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome, Claudia! Nice to have you here in the community!

To quote John Miles:

"Music was my first love
And it’ll be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past.
To live without my music
Would be impossible to do
In this world of troubles
My music pulls me through

Music was my first love
And it’ll be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past
And music of the past
And music of the past

Music was my first love
And it’ll be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past.
To live without my music
Would be impossible to do
'Cause in this world of troubles
My music pulls me through"
(Reference: www.songtexte.com)

Have a lot of fun during your journey!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Claudia. Lovely story and delighted to hear your progress. When you are ready we’ll be able to give you pointers if needed to create your YouTube channel. Many of us here have done that and use it to share recordings to get feedback and encouragement here in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!
Lovin’ this place so far, filled with very good stuff and nice people!

1 Like

Hello Claudia and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

You’re never to old to do what you love.

1 Like

And you’re never too old to rock n roll.

Welcome Claudia, nice to meet you. :wave:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Claudia and warm welcome to the Community. Really enjoyed your entry and hopefully you will enjoy the Community side of things which is a huge benefit to one’s learning experience.

David suggested Audio or Video section of the forum and may I suggest Open Mic section where Community members regardless of their experience level treat themselves with some lovely performances :slight_smile: we have one this Saturday if you want to join and meet some of us either as an Audience member or better yet - as a beginning performer :wink: details below and hope you enjoy the JG experience overall :wink:

Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

1 Like

Hello Claudia, a very warm welcome to the community.
I love this quote …

Keep on doing what you’re doing and enjoying your music.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Claudia, welcome. Good you have plenty of time for practice. Work on your ABCs but also allocate some time for just playing. I’m my case once on a while I have to replace a practice session with a just playing session.

1 Like