Hello from Vijay in Georgia, USA

Hi All,

My name is Vijay and I’ve been playing guitar on and off (mostly off) for 15 years. I discovered Justin Guitar a couple years into my guitar journey (~13 years ago) and it has been my primary lessons source since then. It’s been wonderful to see the evolution of the lessons site over that time, but for whatever reason I never explored the community side until last week!

My goals currently are to:

• Stay consistent, stop putting the guitar down for years at a time!
  • Develop vocal confidence (my guitar could use a lot of improvement too, but believe I have more to gain in the near term vocally since I’ve never studied it formally)
  • Develop a decent song repertoire and the confidence to play/sing at social gatherings

A few days ago I took a big step in my journey by posting my first AVOYP (First AVOYP - Shallow) and the feedback was very encouraging. Very glad to be a part of this community!

Best,
Vijay

9 Likes

Hey Vijay, welcome to the community. My dad lived in Georgia in the last decade of his life. look forward to hearing more from you

Shame on you you, missed all the fun :rofl: hopefully you can play catch up !
Welcome to the community Vijay. :wave:
:sunglasses:

Hi Vijay :slight_smile:
I saw your AVOYP of Shallow, it was very enjoyable, and you have a lovely voice
Welcome to the community. Glad that you are here now. Looking forward to hearing more from you :smiling_face: :sunflower:

Hi Vijay
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings Rogier

Welcome Vijay, sounds like you have a plan … :ok_hand:t2:

Welcome to the forum Vijay

Hello and welcome to our community Vijay. :slight_smile:

Hi Vijay, welcome. Good you’re planning to be more consistent with your guitar playing. Defining short, medium and long term achievable goals can help with that. Although not a must, developing the vocal skills can help to play songs without requiring a backing track or a vocalist to do the melody while playing the rhythm specially if it’s a generic one. Have fun.

Hello Vijay.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

Hi Vijay, welcome to the community. I enjoyed your AVOYP. You have a good plan. Learning new songs is a good way to stay motivated by having fun playing the guitar.

Welcome! Glad to see some GA folks on here. I am in Atlanta. Best of luck.

Welcome Vijay! :wave: All the best with your guitar journey, looks like you have some great goals sorted already :slight_smile: :+1: