Hello I'm Pat and it's time to try again

Good day everyone.

My name is Pat I’m 64 and I have been trying to play guitar off and on for 5 years. I’m hoping to learn a lot from here. Not only for Justin but everyone engaged in this community. My goal is to be able to play songs for friends and family.

I am following the lessons from the very first one and have completed the first grade of the course. I just need to post a video of me playing a song.

Wishing everyone good luck on their guitar journey :guitar: :notes:

Pat

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum Pat

Welcome to the Community Pat, never too late to start and you’ve found a great teacher and structured courses with Justin. Have fun and enjoy the ride.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Pat @pratterr, welcome to the community! You’ve found a great place to be. As you’ve already seen, Justin’s curriculum is engaging and well-constructed. And the support of this community is great! Looking forward to seeing your video.

1 Like

Hi Pat

Welcome to the forum. I started playing in my mid 50s and am thrilled that I put the initial effort in. The rewards of being able to play are so worth the initial seemingly hard work. Keep at it, you won’t be disappointed!

For me, I started with a 15 minutes a day commitment and made sure I did that every day. Once i could play my first song all the way through, that was the break through I needed. Justin’s lessons got me over the line.

1 Like

Welcome, Pat, this is the place to be! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Pat & Welcome!!!

I think you’ll find a lot of good instruction with Justin & a lot of support here in the Community!
Have lots of fun learning & playing - most importantly… Keep it Fun!!!

Tod in New Mexico USA

1 Like

Welcome

:metal:

Hi Pat,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Hi Jess,

Welcome to the community forum. :grinning:

welcome :slight_smile:

Hi Pat, I’m 68 years old and have been trying to learn guitar on and off for 6 years. Sound familiar? Been there, done that! :rofl:

I’m just now starting over with Justin’s Grade 1 so I am a little behind you. Like you, this can be done and I also want to play guitar at family gatherings.

Have a blessed day and best wishes on your practice learning guitar. Looking forward to seeing a video on your accomplishment!

Dave

2 Likes

Hi Pat, welcome to the community forum. Now is a great time to learn guitar and Justin’s lessons are a great place to learn.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Pat!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learning from people more advanced and I am, and helping others when I can.

1 Like