Hello - Jax from Australia

Hi! Just saying g’day, hello, hi, hey :slight_smile:
Also, the Community area looks amazing! Like the rest of the website, there’s so much content and there’s obviously a lot of work going into it! Thank you, it is much appreciated!! :smiley:

I’m recently back after a short time away but I’m still relatively new to JustinGuitar - though I have been learning for a bit longer. I started by learning songs, listening to them, and playing them over and over. I thought I was onto something when I moved on to learning from books but then randomly stumbled on JustinGuitar doing a Google search and was totally blown away! I don’t know how it took me so long to discover it as Justin has been doing this for 20 years! but I’m very glad that I eventually did!! I started the course right at the very beginning and I’ve learned so much! Justin explains things so well and a lot of things make much more sense now. I’ve even been stoked a few times here and there to find out I’ve actually been doing something the right way :grin:

For most of the time, I’ve just had an acoustic guitar so I guess I naturally gravitated towards playing fingerstyle, which I still really love and play a lot of on the guitar and uke. I started playing uke relatively recently - love it!! so much fun!! I have a soprano and concert uke (so far lol :wink:) But I also love playing other styles (other than fingerstyle). I now also have a Strat and a Tele (so far :laughing:) which I have just got out of storage. Up until now, I’ve only played them with a personal guitar amplification system (Boss or Fender) but have recently acquired a Boss Katana (MK11 50), a tube screamer, and a looper pedal! I am uber excited!! I’m so looking forward to experimenting and having a really good play around with them! :smiley:

Anyway, very nice to meet y’all! See ya around the Community :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome @JasmineJ !

Very new here myself, but you’re right, the community is amazing! And Justin seems to have a knack for explaining things in an easy and understandable way!

Your guitar collection seems to be exploding btw! :smile:

2 Likes

Hello Jax and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

:rofl: GAS abound.

I wonder how many people just stumble across Justin and then have a lifetime of guitar happiness?

2 Likes

Heya welcome, theres a few Ozzies around they’ll be in to say Hi when they wake up I expect!

1 Like

Hey @JasmineJ - welcome to the community. Always great to hear from another aussie. I also lean much more to fingerstyle on acoustic, just love it. I’ve been using justinguitar for over 10 years now, didn’t realize it’s been around for 20. Wow.

1 Like

Hey Jax,

Welcome back, from a fellow Aussie. We’re takin over :crazy_face:
Sounds like you’ve hit the ground running, and are about to crank things up a bit with the new gear. Lookin forward to some tunes.
As you already know, great community here, and its developed alot recently. Join in the fun, and reach out anytime.

Cheers Shane

2 Likes

Thanks Aaron :slight_smile:
My collection really did explode! I think I might have everything I need to keep me going for quite a while now, though I do seem to remember thinking that before :thinking:

1 Like

G’day Jax, welcome to the forum, from yet another Australian. We are a little over-represented here, I figure it’s because Justin’s teaching style resonates well with us (wonder why? :wink: )

I’m a little envious of all your gear. I’m still using the same bog standard beginner electric kit that I bought 12 years ago. Gradually doing my research and trying to decide what/whether to upgrade any of it.

1 Like

Welcome from Melbourne.

1 Like

Thanks Brendan :slight_smile:
It took me ages to upgrade and get new gear too. I’m glad I did and feel really fortunate that I was able to - though in hindsight, probably bad form on my part posting it :confused:
Yep. love Justin’s teaching style :smile:

Nah, it’s standard form. Everybody posts their gear. Some folks are like me and just have the one guitar, and some have a whole room full of them. Some have got effects pedals and fancy recording gear and some just use their phone. It’s all good. Don’t let my envious feelings get in the way of having fun talking about what you’ve got!

2 Likes

None of us can play without gear! Even if its as simple as a starter acoustic.

1 Like

By jeez by jingo by crikey! It’s another Aussie! We’re taking over the bloody place!

Welcome. Photos of all that sweet gear are mandatory btw :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Jax,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun …
And by now you can actually start your own club in your continent and there it always be busy (sounds less dangerous than taking over the place :flushed::joy:)
…it grows fast with people whose water turns the other side into the drain of the sink… :wink:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hi Jax, welcome to the community.

1 Like

Thanks Rogier :slight_smile:
Yep, I reckon a bunch of Aussies taking over the bloody place could quite easily get out of hand :joy:

1 Like

Thanks JK :slight_smile:
Yep, fair dinkum I reckon we just might be too :grin:

1 Like

Hey Jax, welcome to the community.

Won’t be long before there’s a dedicated Aussie OM and no more early wake ups @jkahn @sclay

2 Likes

Welcome, Jax. Sounds like you are well on your way and loving music making. One of the popular things we do here is share recordings to get helpful feedback and encouragement. Hope to hera from you over in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing soon.

You can also start a learning log in #community-hub:learning-logs. There you can keep folk updated and share pictures of all your instruments and gear. We all love admiring other people’s guitars.

@Socio I do hope so, James, I’ve been banging on about an OM East for ages and just struggling to get enough from Australia and other countries in similar time zones to join in.

Jax, if you are wondering you can read all about in #community-open-mic-events

2 Likes

Hey there,

We are very glad to have you here. I look forward to seeing you post a video of you playing when you are ready. I have been here with Justin Guitar about 2 years now. His methods work fantastically. Best of luck.

Jeff from California

1 Like