Hello, my name is Mike and I am from Czech Republic

Hey there!

Mike, 26 years old here. Six years ago I bought my first guitar OM160-VS for 65$. On high school I was thinking about playing acoustic guitar, because I love music and especially acoustic versions of songs. But when I tried guitar it was really hard for me and I did not know what to do… so I gave up and put my guitar inside case to vault. Now… after six years I am older, ye who would say that, and really interested in learning guitar. I put guitar out of case and found that “horse” (that wood by the hole, where are attached string) was going out. So I took it out, made some brushing and sticked it together… not professional, but I could start. I bought my first ever string which are BlackSmith 11. I was looking on many YouTube videos and started to play according AndysGuitar, but after few days I felt like it is not for me… I was looking more and found guys like Paul Davids and JustinGuitar. I checked Justins page and because there is lot of free stuff I started to learn by him. Now I can play D, A and E. I can play strumming pattern DDUUDU. Also I am practicing Peter Gunn Theme. I am Grade 1 Module 3, but I really feel good, because I can see progress. Like when I first did my chord changes between D and A I was on 24 changes per minute. Two days later 40 and few days later 63. Its awesome how great it works and I am really happy for it.
Few days ago I bought new guitar, because my OM160-VS sounds “without” color and crisp to me. So I bought electroacoustic Takamine GD10CE and I am learning from beginning, because guitar feels a little bit different in my hands. It is gonna take few days and I will be ready to go on by module. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone who read it to this point and I wish you your playing and guitar in a great tune. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Hello Michael, and a warm welcome from neighbouring Austria :hugs:.

With Justin Guitar you’ve found the perfect place to restart your guitar journey :smiley:.
You’re progressing really well. Keep Up the great work. And if you have any questions, just ask. This is such a friendly and helpful community :blush:.

I wish you lots of fun with your new six-string-friend :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum Michael. Enjoy your new Takamine. They make guitars.

3 Likes

Welcome, Mike. This is a very good place to learn. I only started at the end of January and just graduated to Grade 2. I am glad you picked your guitar up again.

3 Likes

Hello Michal,
a hello from yet an other neighbour :wink:
I live in Nuremberg, and have been in the Czech Republic countless times over the last 15 years. I love the country so much and I have friends especially in Prague. I’ve been there just 4 weeks ago even.
You seem to enjoy the progress you are making with the JustinGuitar course, that’s great to read. Congratulations on your new guitar also! I wish you lots of fun with your guitar journey, and with and in the community here! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun here :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome Mike glad you found Justins site and are making some good progress.

2 Likes

Hello Mike from the United States! So happy for you that the guitar is again part of your life! You are beginning a wonderful journey which is so rewarding & makes one feel so good when goals are reached! Good Luck! :four_leaf_clover:

Tod

1 Like

Welcome Mike, take your time and above all have fun!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. Great to meet you.

2 Likes

Hello Mike, welcome to the community. Your Takamine looks like a very good beginner to intermediate guitar. I’m sure will will have much fun playing songs on your guitar as you progress through the JG modules.

2 Likes

Welcome abord, Mike! :slight_smile:

Sounds like your start now goes way better than your first approach 6 years ago. :smiley:
Glad you found your way here. Have lots of fun on your journey. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much. :slight_smile: I hope my will is gonna be strong enough to stay over hard times while learning guitar. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I went to local music shop and this was recommended to me. It was for good price. Also I have prepade for electric connection. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear you are doing good. I hope you enjoy every minute you are learning guitar as much as me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! I used to travel to Germany around Schwerin on my highschool, cause I am gastronomy guy. Also I visited Drazdany last year. Really like your country, but I struggle with germany. Hope you enjoy playing in guitar. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Roger. I will. I wish you many happy tones through your guitar. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks mate, I am really happy I found a place where I feel I belongs to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Tod, I would like to play some folky music one day like John Butler and… I just want to enjoy some sunrise and sunfalls while I am streaming my guitar. :slight_smile: What else could we wish?

2 Likes

Thanks. Right now when I am in work I cant wait to practice on my guitar. :slight_smile:

1 Like