Hello, my name is Mike and I am from Czech Republic

Thanks Tony, nice to meet you too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I was looking for something that will last for me for longer time and this looked liked best option right now. I visited Muziker (Czech music shop) and some guy recommended this one to me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same hereā€¦ just relax, play & enjoy life with my guitarā€¦ BTW, John Butler is AMAZING!!! Have you seen him play ā€œOceanā€? WOW! :grin:

2 Likes

Have fun playing guitar Mike and feel free to talk to us!

2 Likes

Hi Mike! Hello from another German neighbour! Youā€™ve found the right place for a restart. Just follow the courses and reach out for help in the community when needed. Wish you lots of fun!

2 Likes

Hello Mike and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

If you find it difficult to play your guitar and if you can afford it go and have it set up by a luthier, you will be amazed at the difference there will be in playing it.

2 Likes

Hi Mike :smiley:
Welcome! from Australia :slight_smile:
So great you started guitar again and found JustinGuitar!
Wishing you much fun on your guitar journey! Sounds like youā€™re off to a great start! :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to forum Mike!! :grin:

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ my biggest weakness is that I am lazy, but I think I am ā€œmatured kidā€ enough to learn guitar. :smiley: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, what is luthier? I tried to Google it but did not find it. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Ocean yes! This is first song I heard from him. I really love his acoustic version of ā€œjust callā€. You must hear it. This is what I would love to play one day. I have printed his picture, added text ā€œdo it your own wayā€ and now I have him on wall in kitchen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A luthier is someone who builds and fixes guitars.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a GREAT IDEA! Not sure if I could get that one past the wifeā€¦ Iā€™d probably cover most of our kitchen wall!!! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome Mike

2 Likes

So you think that my new Takamine need touch by this man? Or its good for future? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bet if you will wash dish and be extra nice, she will let you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Mike.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Mike, welcome back to the community. Good you have started again your guitar learning, and making good progress. Nothing wrong with any other lessons available but the advantage with Justin Guitar lessons is that is a proven path that works for many people regardless of where in the learning path they are starting at, as the members of this community can confirm. You just have to put the practice time.

If practice time is not happening, then trick yourself into doing it; practice shorter sessions more frequently, allocate some time for the exercises and some time for fun unstructured playing, keep your guitar where you can remember about it, and so on.

About the guitar, as you bought in a store it may be already set up, you can ask them. If the setup was not included you can ask them if they can do it or know someone who could do it. As the guitar is new, the setup mostly would deal with action and buzzing. Action is about the distance between the strings and the fretboard. If the strings are too far from the fretboard is hard to make nice sounding chords. Buzzing is the strings hitting the wrong frets and making unwanted sounds.

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for your tips. I agree with all. The psychologist trick that you have guitar on your eyes really works well. Also I really like just looking on my guitar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all, so I have here a little update about my new Takamineā€¦ and itsā€¦ hard to descibe. I changed strings and tried really hard, but guitar does not feel good in hand to meā€¦ like its not mine guitar, a little biggerā€¦ bigger presure for playing chords (strings 10 isntalled). I was really happy for this guitar, but now I have to say that my old guitar which is 4 times cheaper and non profesionalist repaired by meā€¦ that old guitar is better for me than new one. So I will give it back to the store and take coupon so I can make another purchase in 12 months. I am really sure I will be ready in 12 months for new instrument, but this time for me its ā€œoldie goldieā€ cheap guitar. Thats guitar where I learned my first 3 chordsā€¦ I just cant give it away and replace it. I really feel good when I have her in handsā€¦
How about you all? You playing good? :slight_smile:

2 Likes