Hello there from France

Hey everyone, i’m Joffrey (mostly go by Jeff), from a small not well known city in France.

i’m 34, and decided, after almost 2 decades of wanting it, to get myself into learning how to play Guitar, and started with Electric right away :sweat_smile:

so of course before throwing myself and some money into it, started to look around the Internet for good methods that didn’t require me looking for a teacher and where i could take my time to learn and evolve, and well here i am :grinning:

I’m at the moment 5 days in, loving it so far, just hoping i’ll get to enjoy it even more.

10 Likes

Bienvenue !
Tu viens de Trifouillis les oies ? :smiley:

Amuse toi bien dans ton parcours pour apprendre la guitare :smiley:

1 Like

Haha merci :smile:

Non Trifouillis c’est connu :rofl:

merci beaucoup pour l’encouragement. :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jeff

1 Like

Bienvenue de Normandie Jeff.

If you’ve found Justin’s website as your place to learn, you’ve found the right place !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Jeff!! You are in a really good spot for some solid support on your guitar journey. Enjoy the ride!!!

1 Like

Welcome Jeff, I wish you a lot of fun in this new journey :blush::guitar::guitar::guitar:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to comunity

1 Like

… which one, so many to choose from … :wink:

Welcome to the community, Jeff. Electric and acoustic, there’s plenty to keep you busy, and learning in a structured way.
Have a good look around, I have been here around a year and still haven’t looked under all the rocks yet.
Look forward to hearing you play, further down the line and when you’re up for it.
Keep it fun, :sunglasses:
Colin

1 Like

Welcome Jeff.

You’ve found the best teacher with the best structured guitar learning on the whole internet, and a fantastic, supportive, helpful, community of fellow students

so long as you’re patient with the difficult parts, and remember that it’s a marathon not a sprint, you’re more or less guaranteed to!

2 Likes

Yeah, as i said, i started 5 days ago, with around 2.5/3 hours average a day practicing, so i can do nice things with A and D, nice Quick Changes Streaks too. But i was a bit worried about my fingers placement, specifically on D compared to Justin and other guitarists so i read the notes, and saw the finger stretching exercises.

So yeah, for the next days/weeks, gonna do some stretching and keep going with the perfect notes et QCM. Taking it slow but taking it right :sweat_smile:

1 Like

it is not slow :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha yeah, but it’s like 1h/1.5h in the morning, and the rest in the afternoon. And i’m not pushing to much pressure on myself, that’s what i meant :grin:

Bonjour Jeff, et bienvenu de la Belgique! Tu as certainement trouvé le bon endroit pour apprendre à jouer de la guitare. Take your time and above all: enjoy!

2 Likes

Hi Jeff,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

aaaaah la Belgique !
J’ecoute classic 21 tous les jours :smiley:

Welcome aboard, Jeff!

Glad you found us. :smiley: Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey.

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Ah, non, moi pas - on y parle trop :rofl: En fait, je suis néerlandophone, donc j’écoute plutôt les chaînes flamandes (et là, c’est plus de musique, et moins de bavarde :wink:).

Welcome, bonjour. This is a great place to learn.

1 Like