Hello there! Little old me (Fay) from North Shields here

Hello everyone, I’m Fay, nearer 100 years old than 0 and just beginning to learn guitar.

Very happy to have found Justin’s lessons and all of you folks and looking forward to learning and chatting and playing and stuff!

I was told I was tone deaf and not to bother learning to play an instrument as a child - a total disaster on piano and violin, but have happily discovered I’m not. I knew I wasn’t, I’ve always loved music.

My other half bought me a ukulele a couple of years back and after he discovered me messing around with ukulele chord shapes on the top 4 strings of an ancient and dilapidated nylon string guitar just before christmas, he gave me an acoustic guitar which I’m now in love with. Finger stretches have been (but are becoming less of), a challenge (an unforeseen positive bonus is that ukulele chords which had proved difficult are a piece of cake now I’m clarting with the guitar).

Anyway, with Justin’s lessons, a lot of playing (I can’t bear to call it practice - I just feel like I have to rebel and not do it. Stupid, and not attractive at my age, but there we go), and in fun company, I hope to be playing beautifully until I’m put into my box and beyond.

5 Likes

Good to see you here Fay :wave:

You call it what you want, it will still be practice and hold you in good stead for making some rebellious music that you can share with us. Grow old disgracefully as you’re never too old to rock n roll,
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you @TheMadman_tobyjenner :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Hi Fay and good to have you onboard! Plenty of people around to help if needed so just shout!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Fay, wish you loads and loads of fun learning and playing!

1 Like

Great to have you here Fay. You’re well on your way to fulfilling your dream.

1 Like

Welcome Fay. You’re in good company here, plenty more mature students around the place! Enjoy.

1 Like

Hello and welcome Fay. Good luck on your journey. Have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello Fay and welcome. :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll enjoy your guitar journey, learning with Justin.

1 Like

Hello @FayH from another north-easterner - welcome to the Community.

Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide & Moderator

1 Like

Hiya! Good to meet you :blush:

Howdy Fay, sounds like you are having the maximum amount of fun allowed! Good for you, looking forward to sharing the journey with ya.

1 Like