Hey - I'm Tom from Norwich, England

Hey all, I’m Tom. I’m 34 and have just recently acted on my urge to learn guitar again. I tried when I was in my early 20s, but didn’t find my teacher to be particularly helpful and life pretty much got in the way of everything after. I have a young Son and another on the way, so it’s a challenge trying to balance everything at the moment but I really want to learn properly this time.

I found out about Justin Guitar through some YouTube reviews of various learning platforms and thought it looked great! I am now at the end of beginner grade 1 and just working on a few things before I move on.

19 Likes

Welcome to the group Tom. :wave:

R.

2 Likes

Hi Tom ,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
And quickly practice some lullabies, so you have a nice excuse to fill the nights you sit awake by your new born with playing the guitar :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

4 Likes

Tom @Brooksie34

Welcome to the community :+1:

Your story will sound familar to a lot in the community, did a bit when younger before real life took over and came back to it later in life. Your gap seems like 10-15 years unlike mine which was more than 50 years before I found time.

Glad you are enjoying it now.

Michael

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Tom

2 Likes

Haha, yes that sounds like a good idea!

2 Likes

Thanks Michael! It really is a great thing to do at any age

2 Likes

Welcome, Tom!

2 Likes

Hi Tom, welcome good luck with your journey and the guitar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Tom, good luck this time round.

2 Likes

Hello Tom and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Hopefully the guitar will help you keep your sanity. Two young ones, been there, done that. Have fun.

2 Likes

Hey Tom. Welcome to the community and congratulations on the soon coming new baby. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Welcome Tom, so nice to have you here :hugs:.
Learning to play the guitar with young kids will be a challenge, for sure. But maybe you can find a way to combine being a das and playing the guitar. @roger_holland Rogiers tip with the lullabies might be just the beginning :smiley:.

3 Likes

Welcome Tom

2 Likes

Welcome, Tom. I’m in the same spot you are in terms of guitar, not toddlers. I’m working on my consolidation of Grade 1 now. Hopefully, I can graduate in another 2=3 weeks. I hope you can stick with, wish I tried to learn in my 30s! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Tom, welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Welcome Tom! All the best with your journey :metal:

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m looking forward to the challenge of all 3!

1 Like

Thanks Tony :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Nicole, my 2 year old has already tried strumming when I’ve been playing so maybe I need to get a guitar in his hands soon!

2 Likes